• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

This is fantastic. I really put the program through its paces this weekend. I had started a movie in the old version and was attempting to finish it in the old version because I didn't want to redesign the sets, etc. So it was fine until I got to a big scene with lots of characters walking around a city street. I like doing those, focusing on a few characters at a time.

Anyway it just kept crashing in the old version so I finally decided to bite the bullet and do the scene in the new version. What a difference. I have about 20 - 25 puppets all walking around, talking, doing other things. It does not crash, it does not lock up. It doesn't move slowly.

I LOVE the new camera. It is a dream. I can do beautiful things with this. Everything works perfectly. Sorry, no bugs to report. Also all my stock characters worked fine. I had a couple without faces but it didn't make the program lock up. I just put them back into the star maker and gave them new faces. So I had everyone still available in the right costume. The stock set didn't work but it was a pretty easy one to redo.

Actually this movie I am doing is an autobiography -- not for public release (geez that would really be boring for all of you) - it is something I have to do for our adoption home study. But I will show some of the scenes I did without dialogue. I am planning on creating stock scenes that I can use in future movies, because I went to all the trouble to do another city scene.

Anyway thumbs up to the Moviestorm staff for doing such a great job on this.

#22 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

many thanks for that.

BTW - does the community think stock scenes are best built by us, by community members (and packaged by us), or not at all?
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#23 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

the first two.

#24 forgeuk

forgeuk

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, we all share our movies, so would be great to share our sets with each other too...as well as the MS packaged ones.
Scott Hather

#25 Geiiga

Geiiga

Director

• Pioneers
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

Agreed. And not just because I suck at building sets, either.

Okay, yes, it's because I suck at building sets. Is that so wrong?

#26 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Could there be "Set Contests"?

It could be as simple as "build a living room" (a stock set upload) to as complicated as "build a living room that a party, fight, and murder takes place in" (a movie upload that has multiple scenes with the set in various stages).

#27 forgeuk

forgeuk

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

(AngriBuddhist)
Could there be "Set Contests"?

It could be as simple as "build a living room" (a stock set upload) to as complicated as "build a living room that a party, fight, and murder takes place in" (a movie upload that has multiple scenes with the set in various stages).

Oooooh, I like that idea!

Scott Hather

#28 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:19 AM

A cool new option in 1.1 preview 3.
In a movie character puts a moviestorm mug/cup down on the floor and when the character goes for a walk, the cup follows beside him like magic... LOL that's fun.

If i click on make invisible then the character looses it's magic power.

#29 DeerKillers

DeerKillers

Novice director

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

I have a question. I am downloading the preview 3 of this 1.1 version. If I install this, do I loose my puppets (that I have created) and custom sets and packages (add - ons)? Thanks

P.S.
In the 1.1 Final Version can we resize the height of the character?

#30 forgeuk

forgeuk

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

(DeerKillers)
I have a question. I am downloading the preview 3 of this 1.1 version. If I install this, do I loose my puppets (that I have created) and custom sets and packages (add - ons)? Thanks

No, all your own puppets, sets and movies are kept seperate from the program files, so they'll be there still. One thing I think I've heard, is if you load your old movies into the 1.1 preview, theres no going back....unless of course, you've backed up your stuff first. Which I can highly recommend anyway. On Windows, you'll find all your stuff to back up, in the C:\Documents and Settings\\MovieStorm\ folder. Zip it all up and put it somewhere safe.
Scott Hather

#31 DeerKillers

DeerKillers

Novice director

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Thanks forgeuk! laugh.gif

#32 DeerKillers

DeerKillers

Novice director

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

I think I found a Big Bug. I can't decide the heifgt of teh camera, not like in 1.0.4. Cameras are every time at the same height. On teh 1.0.4. I decided teh height of cameras while scrolling the mouse ( I don't know if is teh scroll, sorry i am not english so I don't know exactly the name). It's the litlle whell in the centre of the mouse (the 3rd button).

#33 Synnah

Synnah

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

Height adjustment in Free View was removed from the mouse wheel, as it's inconsistent with the controls in Target Shots and One Shots (Where the mouse wheel zooms in and out). The height of the camera can now be adjusted with the keys R and F (And W, A,S and D move the camera around, as in the main view). You can also hold the Alt key and left-click drag to truck the camera around the current view plane (This makes sense if you try it out).
---------------------------
Short Fuze QA bloke

#34 DeerKillers

DeerKillers

Novice director

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

Great, thanks Synnah. I tried only with the mouse, but now it works.

#35 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

:-)
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#36 forgeuk

forgeuk

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

Not sure if anyone's mentioned these couple of bugs:

1. I have two characters stand talking for a bit, then walk off...their shadows do not...ooooo...spooky.

2. On the render screen, I've just noticed theres a publish to youtube...nice! The mouse-over caption says "uploade" (from the olde english spelling?) ye uploade to thy internete?

Cheers.

Scott Hather

#37 3686

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Having a big issue with one of my movies. Trying to import it into Moviestorm 1.1. Preview gets a huge list of errors. The other two movies seem to be fine, but they are quite small and are less complex.

Seems to be a problem with a door model. My actor walks into the stage, closes the door and continues. In the previous release of MS, the door/actor would move incorrectly. For example the door would close from the outside but the actor would pull a non existing door closed instead of pushing to close it. The door would close on its own.

Have attached a screenshot of the error.

#38 DeerKillers

DeerKillers

Novice director

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Another error, when I open a character in the 1.1 Version (a custom puppet from 1.0.4 version) the face is invisible. It's fun, you can see only hairs and glasses without face, hands and neck. lol

#39 Geiiga

Geiiga

Director

• Pioneers
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

I encountered a very odd bug...well, last week, but it didn't register until tonight. My stock character for Luke (of Luke and Joe, not Luke the blue-haired punk stock character) cannot change moods. I click on him, click the "change mood" button, and a triangle pops up in the timeline to denote a mood change, but the dialogue box to actually change the mood never comes up.

This isn't for all of my puppets, just Luke. Which means I can get away with it this week, but someday I might have a need for him to show some kind of emotion.

Also, feature request, as it's 4am here in Kansas and I'm rendering a 10,000 frame thing: finished rendering alarm. Just a little checkbox on the rendering screen that, when enabled, causes MovieStorm to create the loudest, most annoying sound possible so I can take a nap during time otherwise spent waiting.

Finally, kudos for the new mood option (except for Luke). I love all the control it gives me, and I really love the "default posture" deal.

#40 jonCates

jonCates

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

i downloaded + started working w/the Mac OSX vrsn + it is very unstable. i have a few crash logs if anyOne wants to look @ them i can email them (they are too lengthy to post here)

i have basically been able to get through the process of even beginning to develop media w/Moviestorm on the Mac w/either the Quick Start Movie or just a normal New Movie