• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 johnnie

johnnie

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

primaveranz made the suggestion as a joke, but I think it's a great idea. Let's have a 'bloopers' competition. Post a movie showing the worse, funniest, or most bizarre way that your characters (or your set, or your camera, or whatever) hasn't done what you expected. I've got 500 Moviestorm Points sitting here for the winner.

This isn't a full Moviestorm competition, so you won't see it in the competitions page, and you won't be able to enter your movie in the usual way. Just post a link to your entry in this thread.

This competition is going to be judged in an extremely unfair way. The winner will be the movie that I think is best, possibly with the advice of whoever happens to be standing beside my desk at the time I watch it. The closing date is "in about a fortnight or so, when I remember to judge it". You can enter as many movies as you like. Anything faked in AfterEffects will be disqualified (unless it's really impressive, in which case it will still be disqualified but might earn you a few MS points for being clever).

Members of Moviestorm's QA team are ineligible for participation in this competition because, frankly, those guys can break Moviestorm in a much more impressive way than any of you.
Johnnie Ingram
Co-Author, Machinima For Dummies

QUOTE (The Overcast @ July 23 2006)

#2 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Gaul darnit the heck. I shoulda saved my movies with such problems, although I'm sure there are people out there who've encountered things I haven't.

#3 johnnie

johnnie

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

Aw, c'mon act3scene24! You're not even trying! I bet you can make Moviestorm do something weird if you try. I can often make Moviestorm do something weird even when I don't try.
Johnnie Ingram

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

[quote=act3scene24]Gaul darnit the heck. I shoulda saved my movies with such problems, although I'm sure there are people out there who've encountered things I haven't.

You should always save your movie (although possibly with a different name so as not to overwrite your old version) when it has problems. And send me them. Some of the bugs people are encountering are quite hard to reproduce, and having a saved movie as an example can make it a lot easier.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Does this include characters completed missed out of actions? I had a render problem, (Still saved!) which had a character missing from the render. He must have popped to the loo!

Also, can I include the cuffing bug whereby the person's body is stretched and altered?
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#6 johnnie

johnnie

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

(dpickett)
Does this include characters completed missed out of actions? I had a render problem, (Still saved!) which had a character missing from the render. He must have popped to the loo!

Also, can I include the cuffing bug whereby the person's body is stretched and altered?

Since I'm making the rules up for this one as I go along, I hereby vote "yes" and "yes".

Whatever craziness you've managed to extract from Moviestorm, whether a deliberate exploit ("Look, I can make him fly!") or an unexpected moment ("Why the heck has his face turned bright green?"), I want to see them. The funnier, the better.
Johnnie Ingram

#7 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

Aha! This is great, I have some good silent movie music as well and this is going to be a great competition.
Can we make them do stupid things? (Like walking in the air?)
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#8 tapeduck

tapeduck

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

(johnnie)
Whatever craziness you've managed to extract from Moviestorm, whether a deliberate exploit ("Look, I can make him fly!") or an unexpected moment ("Why the heck has his face turned bright green?"), I want to see them. The funnier, the better.

I just want to make sure.. does that mean we can create scene 'bloopers' on purpose and enter? Like i did during my fake physics test in Moviestorm? :mrgreen:

#9 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Great! Now I have a use for the footage of the police officer walking through another character to undo his handcuffs.

#10 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

(dpickett)

Sod it! No point in me digging out my alien putting the cuffs on a policemen in my alien abduction scene from Police Patrol now :-(

Try not to give the game away next time - god knows I find it hard enough to come up with content!

#11 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

I was not going to say it but I had to ask but it would be impossible without saying it. I have a name for mine, Victorian Angels. (Any guesses on content?)
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#12 johnnie

johnnie

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

(tapeduck)
I just want to make sure.. does that mean we can create scene 'bloopers' on purpose and enter? Like i did during my fake physics test in Moviestorm?

If it makes me laugh, sure - why not? Anyway, how will I know if you created it on purpose?

Although, if you know you can reproduce the blooper on demand, I hope you've filed a bug report about it :-)
Johnnie Ingram

#13 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

Here is just a shot movie about Oddity, things in MS that are wierd. I really like the spooky way this turned out, the scene with the lights going off happened by MS itself. It obviously sensed there was a ghost in the room! There is no editing apart from cutting and adding titles in MS.

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1932
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#14 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

Just posted a couple of my bloopers. The actors in question were subsequently drug tested and are currently back waiting table.

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1939

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1943

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#15 johnnie

johnnie

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 860 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Nice ones guys. Keep 'em coming.
Johnnie Ingram

#16 Synnah

Synnah

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

(johnnie)
Members of Moviestorm's QA team are ineligible for participation in this competition because, frankly, those guys can break Moviestorm in a much more impressive way than any of you.

Like so: http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1947
---------------------------
Short Fuze QA bloke

#17 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:30 AM

That's hilarious Synnah! I'm glad you're banned! :wink:

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#18 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

Here is my entry into the competition. It is a coffee shop bloopers reel.

Details on how it was filmed are on the movie page.

Coffee Shop Blooper Reel

#19 jleao

jleao

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

Okay, here´s my blooper....first the girl passes trough the bed...then just look into the girl's harm...

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1961

#20 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

Here is a handcuff blooper I came across.

Handcuff Blooper