Photo

And the next competition will be... up to you!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: And the next competition will be... up to you! (46 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Monologue (18 votes [39.13%])

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

2. Change (9 votes [19.57%])

Percentage of vote: 19.57%

3. Surprise ending (19 votes [41.30%])

Percentage of vote: 41.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

(Poulet Noir)
As far as I can tell, the thumbs-up rating system seems pretty bullet-proof when it comes to being abused (much more so than the 'viewing figures', for sure). PN

No, I think the thumbs-up system must be broken. I mean, how else can you explain the lack of thumbs for my movies? 8)

#42 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

(iceaxe)
No, I think the thumbs-up system must be broken. I mean, how else can you explain the lack of thumbs for my movies? 8)

Just given you a few extra thumbs to soothe your bruised ego - lol wink.gif
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#43 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

(luxaeternam)
Just given you a few extra thumbs to soothe your bruised ego - lol wink.gif

Lol! That's very kind of you Lux tongue.gif

#44 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

(equinoxx)
I could get behind this idea. One of my favorite movies is Mel Brooks' hilarious (and aptly-titled) Silent Movie, in which only one person has a single word of audible dialogue...

...that person being Marcel Marceau.

And the word is... "Non!" smile.gif
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#45 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

I don't think it would work to have a voters choice type award. It is too easy to abuse. All people would need to do is get 100 fake ID's (and I am sure people do that anyway) and vote.

And I don't know how that might mess up their database here and throw off any research Moviestorm might be doing to figure out their site viewer counts.

I am happy to see surprise ending is ahead, except I won't have time to enter this time. Only reason I entered the set design contest was because I am always designing sets anyway.

I also would like to know how the winners are picked. I assumed it was one or two people on the staff who decide. I don't think they have outside judges. I am being objective as I can here since I doubt if I will have time to enter any more contests.

#46 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

It is indeed a group of staff who judge. But we're not going to tell you who they are, because we don't want you to bribe them. They're, poor, easily swayed souls, and the promise of a Ferrari in return for their vote could upset everything. And we wouldn't want that, would we?

I, on the other hand, am incorruptible and cannot be influenced by such petty materialist considerations as an Italian sports car. I demand this.

If you can't be bothered to click on the link, it's one of these...

Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#47 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

(matt)
It is indeed a group of staff who judge. But we're not going to tell you who they are, because we don't want you to bribe them. They're, poor, easily swayed souls, and the promise of a Ferrari in return for their vote could upset everything. And we wouldn't want that, would we?

I, on the other hand, am incorruptible and cannot be influenced by such petty materialist considerations as an Italian sports car. I demand this.

If you can't be bothered to click on the link, it's one of these...

I don't know Matt, you need to be careful what you tell us. When I was young, innocent and cute the guy who owned Ferrari asked me out, but he was married so I said no. This is a true story.

#48 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

And it's now tied! Wow, what a race! And just when it looked like Surprise Ending was going to pull thru...

#49 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

And at the last minute it's... no, wait, what's that? A surprise ending!

We'll get it launched soon. For now, treat this as a chance to get ahead. And thanks for all the other suggestions.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder