31 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

So soon in fact that they are now live!

Take a stroll to the marketplace and see what fun can be had with a few new heads
Halloween 2009 Head pack
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#2 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

lol... awesome... love it, now I have to go beg the wife for some money!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#3 daveek

daveek

Director

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

...and this is now me in a sulky mood til im paid on friday.

but they do look amazing!! cant wait to tinker to make some nice new aliens for sci fi stuff too

....on friday *mumble grr mumble*

#4 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:56 PM

Excellent!

But my wife says, "More dead chicks!"

At the very least, a female vampire?

You don't have anything to do on your tea break, do you?

Yes, we are too greedy.

These really are amazingly cool and creepy.

#5 Stormscape

Stormscape

Master Director

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

These are cool and all, but come on, we need more normal heads, especially more female heads.

#6 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

For some reason, I only got nine heads, so I'm downloading it again.

On first experiment, I think my faves are the pumpkin and the wolf. Morphing between human and wolf is magnificent!

Some of the heads are just a bit too creepy for me, but they'll make other folks very happy, I suspect.

#7 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (willshetterly @ Oct 27 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some reason, I only got nine heads, so I'm downloading it again.

On first experiment, I think my faves are the pumpkin and the wolf. Morphing between human and wolf is magnificent!

Some of the heads are just a bit too creepy for me, but they'll make other folks very happy, I suspect.

The head icon with the text on it has multiple morphs smile.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#8 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

ooooh ooooh you know I bought me this pack (even though I shouldn`t lol), this is the kind of thing I have been craving for!!! Great work guys!!! biggrin.gif

#9 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Oct 27 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The head icon with the text on it has multiple morphs smile.gif

Ah! That's a clever way of handling multiple heads.

The vampire goes with the pumpkin and werewolf for my three faves, but Frank is right up there, and the pigman is just bizarrely charming. You do gorgeous work.

If you decide on another quick pack someday, pointy ears for all the stock heads would be grand.

Can Moviestorm morph these heads in the director's view, or should we play with effects in more dedicated editors if we want to do that?

#10 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

OMG - these are amazing!

I've said before I'm a BIG fan of the characters... Bones, Frosty - even the aliens to an extent. So a whole pack of them... wow... this is amazing.

Now for a more cuddly verion of this pack smile.gif

QUOTE (Fulkster @ Oct 27 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol... awesome... love it, now I have to go beg the wife for some money!

Good to know I'm not the only one! laugh.gif

#11 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

Chris - what is it about Halloween that gets you going on side projects every year? The thought of the impending Christmas holiday? laugh.gif

How long did this project take you? It couldn't really have been spur of the moment... or are you really THAT good? lol...

#12 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:22 AM

It's a dead man's party

Who could ask for more?

Everybody's comin', leave your body at the door

Leave your body and soul at the door…

#13 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:59 AM

Great stuff guys. It's about time we had some more scary characters. The zombie was getting a bit stiff wink.gif

Having said that, I have to agree with Stormscape and Willshetterly. Where are the women baddies? (Think 'The Ring' or 'Snow Witch') For that matter, where are their heads, torsos, clothes and anything else that will help us flesh out their characters?

I live in hope.

kibishipaul

#14 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (kibishipaul @ Oct 28 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having said that, I have to agree with Stormscape and Willshetterly. Where are the women baddies? (Think 'The Ring' or 'Snow Witch') For that matter, where are their heads, torsos, clothes and anything else that will help us flesh out their characters?

As it sort of says, this wasn't a planned Moviestorm pack, it's simply my love of Halloween and some late nights that brought it about, had I started it a week or two earlier I may well have got round to some female monsters. Would have been nice to see "Frank" with a bride smile.gif
Chris Ollis

#15 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Oct 28 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As it sort of says, this wasn't a planned Moviestorm pack, it's simply my love of Halloween and some late nights that brought it about, had I started it a week or two earlier I may well have got round to some female monsters. Would have been nice to see "Frank" with a bride smile.gif

No criticism meant of the monsters pack. They're a credit to the 'creatures of the night' and I love them all. I was just having a general rant about the dearth of female content on MS. It comes from a problem I'm having at the moment adapting clothing to reflect a movie I'm making in the Victorian era. It's pretty easy to do with male clothing and hairstyles, but not with the female side which is firmly rooted in the 20th century.

I know you're a busy lot so I'm not expecting anything soon, but higher necklines and lower hemlines might be something to consider the next time you're making female clothing.

Cheers wink.gif

#16 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

very nice work, the morphing is very clever, and i hope is an indication of things being developed for something else down the road...can we start to drool yet that maybe a face maker is indeed in the works.... wink.gif

You can get some very interesting results using the morphable head, if you just subtly morph towards the monster heads....Well, not people you would wanna invite around your house, but for thugs, aliens and the like its gonna be very usefull I think smile.gif

#17 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Chris, these are amazing! You get two thumbs up from me! smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#18 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

Downloading now!

On a side note, is anyone else having a problem with Verified by Visa when trying to purchase a pack? Was on with my bank, they could see the transaction being attempted, they could see Visa verifying it, but the site was telling me that my Issuer Couldn't Verify my account. The transactions never went through, my bank is completely baffled, and I had to go through Paypal. Oh well, just an hour of my life.

#19 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

Sweet! *Rubs hands* I see supervillans here! Great stuff, Chris!

#20 kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (AngriBuddhist @ Oct 28 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Downloading now!

On a side note, is anyone else having a problem with Verified by Visa when trying to purchase a pack? Was on with my bank, they could see the transaction being attempted, they could see Visa verifying it, but the site was telling me that my Issuer Couldn't Verify my account. The transactions never went through, my bank is completely baffled, and I had to go through Paypal. Oh well, just an hour of my life.

I had the same problem once using Mastercard. I repeated the transaction twice until it went through.