• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Spong3y

Spong3y

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:28 AM

Hello Moviestormers, I have been racing with time lately. I have only five days left when I got the Music Video 02, hope you enjoy it. And obviously this is my entry for the Music Video 02 competition. A representative of the rave and dance videos, since no one has entered a dance and rave entry for now.

Actually this music video is not dedicated for me but for Moviestorm, its creators and its community for teaching me the ways of professional film making and machinimating while I try to get back on The Sims 2 (which I am now since I bought myself a new sound card). I am also using Antics which I save for more "expert" projects.

??? The Sims 2 ??? Antics ??? What does that have to do with this video and Moviestorm ???

(Tagline)
When music genres collide, everybody grooves to the beat!

(Outline)
When music genres collide, everybody raves to the beat!

Dedicated to Moviestorm, its creators and its community for being my mentor during the time I abandoned The Sims 2 and teaching me the ways of professional film making.

Music is Move ur Body by DJ's Te@m Project. Used with permission under a Creative Commons License for Commercial Use.

© 2008 Sponge Team Aldo Productions.

Anyways, I've got several mirrors here with corresponding levels of quality, please pick one that suits your need, and your internet connection speed. :mrgreen:

HIGH DEFINITION
Grandaddy of 'em all, say hello to Mr. HD 720p. Available on my Vimeo Profile.

HIGH QUALITY
Can't go for HD? A 800x450 will still be good. Available at my Hosting Server.

STANDARD DEFINITION
Need something on the middle class? A 640x360 could be enough for standard viewing. Get it directly on its Moviestorm page.

LOW RESOLUTION
Too impatient to watch it or just plain too slow? Youtube might offer the quick but dirty video, with the page here.

MOBILE PHONES
Need something on the go or are you rocking the 56K? You can access it either on your desktop or phone here.

UPDATE: ALL MIRRORS UP AND RUNNING!

Thank you and happy Moviestorming, everyone. Your comments, queries and suggestions are always welcome.
[witty signature pending]

#2 Synnah

Synnah

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:52 AM

This is excellent, Spong3y. It's been great to watch your progress as you got to grips with Moviestorm over the past few months, and it still amazes me that you're only 13. Good luck in the competition!
---------------------------
Short Fuze QA bloke

#3 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Very nicely done.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#4 Dave

Dave

Critically acclaimed

• Mods
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:49 PM

Wow - that's utterly awesome!
Chief Bit Shoveller
Short Fuze Ltd

#5 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Really impressed! We've blogged that over at http://moviestorm.blogspot.com/
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#6 Indoda

Indoda

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

Amazing - very well done - made me want to learn how to use Moviestorm.

#7 saument

saument

Director

• Pioneers
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

I left a comment on the movie page, but this was worth a second comment here. Well done, Spong3y. Crazy good video.
=================================
Stephen Aument
Jeslync Pictures

#8 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Excellent work. And great inspiration.

My son is a professional Techno DJ and I was toying with the idea of doing a short film for him to use in his work as a multimedia calling card. Now I will do it!
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#9 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

Love it, fabulous timing on your edits..both my kids came in to see what video I was playing..choice of music very good.

#10 Trinity

Trinity

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:52 AM

Excellent work, Spong3y!
Writer / Producer / Director

DIGIPENDENCE.com - my blog about 3D moviemaking, machinima, animation, cinematic design, sequential art, graphic novels, web comix, fan films, and independent film, video & photo production.

#11 Trinity

Trinity

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:41 AM

I'd like to get either a .mov file or a .avi file. Can you tell me where to download one? I checked the links and they're all .mp4 which don't convert well. Thanks!

DIGIPENDENCE.com - my blog about 3D moviemaking, machinima, animation, cinematic design, sequential art, graphic novels, web comix, fan films, and independent film, video & photo production.

#12 Dick Swayze

Dick Swayze

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

You get Swayze's smilie of the day
laugh.gif

#13 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

Whoa! Great editing!

:thumbup:

#14 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

two thumbs and two toes, spong3y!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

#15 Spong3y

Spong3y

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

(Trinity)
I'd like to get either a .mov file or a .avi file. Can you tell me where to download one? I checked the links and they're all .mp4 which don't convert well. Thanks!

http://www.savefile.com/files/1377333

Sorry for a quite large file size, my .avi converter in Vegas has lost the .mp3 LAME codec, and the SUPER converter does not support VBR.
[witty signature pending]

#16 Trinity

Trinity

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:25 AM

(Spong3y)
(Trinity)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1377333

Sorry for a quite large file size, my .avi converter in Vegas has lost the .mp3 LAME codec, and the SUPER converter does not support VBR.

No worries, thanks. I'll be in touch later for an interview...