• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

As you may or may not know I have written this one in a dream, thus it may give one the feeling of totally disjointed and unassociated events, when in fact, in the way it is, in the way I will attempt to communicate it using the tools of "cinematic" story telling, I wish to give a clear and somewhat plausible, realistic way these events could all be interconnected via time, events and various personalities.

"Center point" was named because its like the anchor, the place where the plot is nailed down..

The story involves, someone desperate to acquire a job, space and time travel, inter-dimensional space, multi-dimensional "selves", good vs evil, the past, the future, birth, death, and aliens not to mention a little bit of jail time, a touch of "La Belle et la Bete" (via Jean Cocteau). More themes seem to include a more daily "ho hum" idea of what if it were common place that everyone should see things like "supernatural" events or not.. and what happens when people like to mess with other people because they can and can often get away with it...

Right now the episode "Closet of the Gods" is outlined, Aliens, Family reunions, a birth, and some very annoyed Gods and their closet and possibly a fairy ring, a park, and an alien-police agreement, (I don't know if they had anything involved with the arrest of "Old Nick" and "Saint Nick" but these guys had red suits so they are in jail too...)

Just problematic that I can not work on it all just now.. and I don't know if I am going to redesign "Olga" or "Alter"..so I'm a little frustrated, this may take many hours. And the scripts are long and with much dialogue and I've recently had a Java malfunction that may have been the contributing factor to why I've been having problems with my Moviestorm say animation. (I wasn't using moviestorm when I had to reinstall it so not the same old problem)

never mind me.. just venting and trying to let out some semblance of the direction I am going in, and trying to "validate" it.

Be well all. AET
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

This sounds like a complex full length movie. They are always hard to do. Wonder Boy took me almost a year to do. The Man from Schenectady has taken about 8 months so far and I am only a third of the way through. What I do when I have a complex movie to make (and believe me with the scripts I get, they are all complex). is just throw myself into it and do it. Usually when I think something is impossible to do, I find it isn't. Right now I am designing the New York State Assembly Chambers for a 60 second film I was commissioned to do. At first I thought it was impossible as I could not find enough pictures of the room to do it by photo wrapping with the model so I decided to just make the whole room in Sketchup and it is not as hard as I thought.

I start by designing all the sets and characters first when I make a movie. That way everything is set up and I start filming.

#3 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Aug 20 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This sounds like a complex full length movie. They are always hard to do. Wonder Boy took me almost a year to do. The Man from Schenectady has taken about 8 months so far and I am only a third of the way through. What I do when I have a complex movie to make (and believe me with the scripts I get, they are all complex). is just throw myself into it and do it. Usually when I think something is impossible to do, I find it isn't. Right now I am designing the New York State Assembly Chambers for a 60 second film I was commissioned to do. At first I thought it was impossible as I could not find enough pictures of the room to do it by photo wrapping with the model so I decided to just make the whole room in Sketchup and it is not as hard as I thought.

I start by designing all the sets and characters first when I make a movie. That way everything is set up and I start filming.

Thank you much for the advice.. although I have to consider one key aspect is that I am not a professional so I've been making mistakes and such.

And you are right, I think the best way to start is the set design, which I suppose its noticeable... and just get to work.

Next week, the boy goes back to school, it would be good if I could spend at least 3 hours a day in WORKING it, attempting to not only create the second part, but also really make an effort to outline SOLIDLY and possibly share some of the dialogue of the script here. See where it seems too much, too unnatural. After all, I catch this stuff in the air and have to sort it out as I go.

Not to mention because of this entire idea, my mind retaliated with a huge nightmare about the US and how dystopian it is while visiting my mother and brother there. Its getting added to the mix and I will be attempting to find ways to create such neighbourhoods and such as sets. Sort of a recreation of the disaster area of my childhood.
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."