• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Not sure what I am doing wrong again... I have followed instructions in wiki and watched David's excellent tutorial.

I have imported a model from Sketch-Up which works well and shows in the modders workshop. I went to the 'tree' and added tags and other settings and saved. Then I published. All show as successful in my addon list and 'get more content'. In 'settings' it is there and ticked etc... but the model doesn't appear in my props in Moviestorm. I have deleted and tried again but it still doesn't show in Moviestorm. (I didn't tick the 'doesn't show' button).

Any ideas why not?

This link will take you there: Celestina's Texture Collections ... COUNTRY COLLECTION Ready Now!

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

In the "tags"did you click different boxes to show your prop? I usually put all my addons in "show all" as well s"misc" Sometimes when you open the props list your addon won't show as a word but if you click on one the tags you gave it, you will see the props.

#3 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 2 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the "tags"did you click different boxes to show your prop? I usually put all my addons in "show all" as well s"misc" Sometimes when you open the props list your addon won't show as a word but if you click on one the tags you gave it, you will see the props.

Thanks Lucinda, yes I did and also added some tags too. I didn't use 'show all' though but I put them in 'misc' as well. No, I can't find it... I've looked through the pictures of all the props a few times... tried all the tags I used and looked through those props with the same tags... (is this what you mean?)... maybe I need to tick 'show all'?

This link will take you there: Celestina's Texture Collections ... COUNTRY COLLECTION Ready Now!

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (celestina @ Apr 2 2010, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Lucinda, yes I did and also added some tags too. I didn't use 'show all' though but I put them in 'misc' as well. No, I can't find it... I've looked through the pictures of all the props a few times... tried all the tags I used and looked through those props with the same tags... (is this what you mean?)... maybe I need to tick 'show all'?

No you shouldn't have to click "show all"to have your prop show up. I suggest, closing the program and opening it again and see if it shows up. If you have done that, then go to your list of addons on the start page of Moviestorm and see if it is listed in your addons as published. If it isn't, then you need to republish it. You did when you published it, click Publish, pack and then publish didn't you?

#5 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

Yes, it shows up in settings and is ticked and 'free with subscription'.

EEK... I only published once, that's all. That's what I have been doing with the textures to test them before I pack them for others to use. So I need to publish, pack, publish to see props?

#6 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Packing is only needed if you plan on sharing the pack, or want it packed for your own backup purposes, if you are keeping your mod for personal use you only need to publish it, however if you make any changes at all to your mod after publishing you will need to publish it again.

Something to note, as I was building a pack for myself a few days ago I learned that moviestorm does now like certain symbols, ie . (fullstop aka dot) in the name, I realised this when even though it seemed fine in modshop, moviestorm did not show any props with that symbol in. So be sure you only use numbers and letters when naming your props/packs.

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

Kv, what I meant in saying "publish, pack, publish" is the sequence when you are in the modder's workshop. For some reason you have to click on publish twice.

#8 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

I also had a nasty habit of logging in, but not publishing. You seem to have that worked out. I recommend going into settings and making sure the addon in checked there, too. If it isn't checked, then it won't show up. I also recommend using the 'show all' tag. Since props are listed alphabetically, I can always find my props that way.

#9 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

Thanks so much for all your replies, I really appreciate your support but unfortunately it still doesn't want to work.

I added the 'show all' tag and re-published. The name of the addon has no dots or any other characters other than letters in its title. I have tried all the 'tags', scrolled through my props a few times and I still can't find it in Moviestorm.

It still shows as successful in my addon list and 'get more content'. In 'settings' it is still there and ticked etc...

sad.gif

#10 apostolos

apostolos

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

go into the props folder and see if you have any really large files like 7,8,9, 10 mb. I have some props that don't show up, but when I take out the large files and import and publish with a new name sometimes it works. cool.gif

#11 Mneros

Mneros

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

if this is your 1st time adding a mod then by default the Publish window has "need license to use" checked, u need to have that unchecked then it will be usable. then republish.

#12 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (celestina @ Apr 3 2010, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks so much for all your replies, I really appreciate your support but unfortunately it still doesn't want to work.

I added the 'show all' tag and re-published. The name of the addon has no dots or any other characters other than letters in its title. I have tried all the 'tags', scrolled through my props a few times and I still can't find it in Moviestorm.

It still shows as successful in my addon list and 'get more content'. In 'settings' it is still there and ticked etc...

sad.gif

you could upload your packed addon for people to take a look... maybe there is a simple solution to your problem- that'll save a lot of guess work :-)

#13 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

Have you given the prop a name that one in MS already has? If so, that would create a conflict and keep yours from showing.

#14 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

Thank you again for all your support... I have gone through your replies, yes 'unticked' Apostolos, it's not a very big file Mneros but I do have others there that are huge. As you say Tree, it could be something simple. I'm not very good at this... but thinking about it AngriBuddhist, I am a bit confused with naming the files as it asks you to do this regularly - could it be something to do with this?

This is a zip of the addon. I have published, packed and published this. It's got to be me...

Attached Files

#15 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (celestina @ Apr 3 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you again for all your support... I have gone through your replies, yes 'unticked' Apostolos, it's not a very big file Mneros but I do have others there that are huge. As you say Tree, it could be something simple. I'm not very good at this... but thinking about it AngriBuddhist, I am a bit confused with naming the files as it asks you to do this regularly - could it be something to do with this?

This is a zip of the addon. I have published, packed and published this. It's got to be me...

i see ya problem:

Your prop has no textures, it's all colors...
The thumbnail on your addon were invisible .. you wouldn't have seen the prop easily.
This problem happens sometimes with thumbnails not showing clearly.

YOu can fix this problem within sketchup by changing the colours into small textures instead of just colours and redoing the prop and publish the addon.

Happy sketching ;-)

#16 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (tree @ Apr 3 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see ya problem:

Your prop has no textures, it's all colors...
The thumbnail on your addon were invisible .. you wouldn't have seen the prop easily.
This problem happens sometimes with thumbnails not showing clearly.

YOu can fix this problem within sketchup by changing the colours into small textures instead of just colours and redoing the prop and publish the addon.

Happy sketching ;-)

Thank you so much Tree for going to so much trouble for me, I really appreciate it.

I will try to do this and try again. Thank you.