• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boxrocks

boxrocks

Director

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

I would like to know if somebody in the moviestorm community has made a tutorial about this, and if not will they make one? I've been wanting to do this since the first time I saw PapaG hand held props.

#2 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

There's a thread somewhere with Reacher's method for importing a prop to be used as an instance of another (in the example given it's the wineglass). If you do a search it should bring it up.

The skeleton beta testers are also getting the chance to work on interactions with props. The method is explained in the video tutorials which Amos linked to on the skeleton thread.
Even if you don't have access to the skeleton, you can still learn to do things like animated props. You'll need a tool such as Milkshape (or Misfit which is free). Chris Ollis also wrote a great tutorial on making an auto-animate type prop in Milkshape, and you can easily adapt the method if you're working with Misfit.

Hope that helps.
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#3 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

I have an updated one that goes step by step with screen shots, but it is waiting on the official Moviestorm skeleton release before being generally available.

You might want to sign up to get in the advance distribution of the skeleton if you are in a hurry.
http://www.moviestor...showtopic=10556

-- Reacher