• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

I tried to upload a better but it was a bigger version of my movie and was a NO GO and it took it off, so I reuploaded the original file. Sorry for any confusion on that. So it's finally back up shortly. 

~marilyn

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

It seems a few years ago there was a physical maximum size of 200MB for the movies uploaded and converted into the streaming format used by Moviestorm in its movie channel.

I'm not sure whether that restriction still applies or not, or if some limit has been established for the size of the file in its "native" format, as uploaded.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

It seems a few years ago there was a physical maximum size of 200MB for the movies uploaded and converted into the streaming format used by Moviestorm in its movie channel.

I'm not sure whether that restriction still applies or not, or if some limit has been established for the size of the file in its "native" format, as uploaded.

Hi

Mine was a bit over, but this is the info now: Your video is limited to 60 minutes and 1024 MB. 

#4 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

Hi

Mine was a bit over, but this is the info now: Your video is limited to 60 minutes and 1024 MB. 

Wow... I mean, WOW! You're saying you've made such a long movie, or did you just choose a lossless format and/or very high resolution?  If it's the latter, I think it's useless for uploading to MS movie channel, for they are automatically converted into a compressed streaming-friendly format with some loss.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#5 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

Wow... I mean, WOW! You're saying you've made such a long movie, or did you just choose a lossless format and/or very high resolution?  If it's the latter, I think it's useless for uploading to MS movie channel, for they are automatically converted into a compressed streaming-friendly format with some loss.

well, the original size is 1.5GB, my movie was only about 36/37 minutes long. I used Hand Brake to compress it down into an mp4 making it 581MB to be able to upload it to here.

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

I more or less gave up trying to load to this site and use Vimeo for my movies now.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#7 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

I more or less gave up trying to load to this site and use Vimeo for my movies now.

I have youtube which I will probably use. Might look into Vimeo. :o)))

#8 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

I gave up on YouTube after they suddenly changed the Aspect Ration on a couple of my movies.Never found out why.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#9 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

Youtube and Vimeo are good sites for uploading your videos. You can upload to both sites or just one and then announce your video in the Now showing! forum.

I have all of my videos stored on both youtube and Vimeo.

#10 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Eugene, and I'll keep that "Now Showing" forum mind. :)