83 replies to this topic

#21 huntingspot1

huntingspot1

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

uhmmm. hi lucinda.

where should i upload the movie for this contest?..
sorry.. im just a newbie here.. rolleyes.gif

#22 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (huntingspot1 @ Jul 12 2010, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uhmmm. hi lucinda.

where should i upload the movie for this contest?..
sorry.. im just a newbie here.. rolleyes.gif

You upload your movie to your Moviestorm page. To find your Moviestorm page where you upload movies, just click on your name and it will take you there. And post the lilnk to your movie here in this thread. I am so happy you are entering the contest.

#23 warriorstallion

warriorstallion

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jul 4 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am running a contest for new users. The user has to have downloaded Moviestorm version 1.3 beginning March 31, 2010. They do not have to be a subscriber. Films can be made with any content packs you have. All work must be original, including music (although of course you can use the Moviestorm music content packs) or if you get written permission from the musician to use his/her music. No mods to be used.

The prize will be a one year subscription to Moviestorm. Movies can be 5 minutes or shorter in length and the theme is comedy.

The judges:

Geoffrey Zimmerman - He is a published author and is a wonderful writer. He was a producer for Miami Vice.

http://geoffreyzimmerman.com/

Robin Morningstar -- script writer, director, producer, actor and he has made several independent films (among them Wonder Boy). Currently he is working Chakan the Forever Man

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2072916/

Richard Poshard - script writer and film maker, he has an extensive background in theater. He is the author of The Man from Schenectady

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3829259/

Ann Otto - a published author who has worked professinally as a writer all her life.

Myself - Lucinda McNary

There may be two more judges but I have yet to hear from, them.

So get started on your movies and make sure you post your movie link in this thread so we can keep track of them.

The contest will run until Labor Day which gives you plenty of time to come up with a movie. What are you waiting for, MAKE US LAUGH!

#24 warriorstallion

warriorstallion

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jul 4 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am running a contest for new users. The user has to have downloaded Moviestorm version 1.3 beginning March 31, 2010. They do not have to be a subscriber. Films can be made with any content packs you have. All work must be original, including music (although of course you can use the Moviestorm music content packs) or if you get written permission from the musician to use his/her music. No mods to be used.

The prize will be a one year subscription to Moviestorm. Movies can be 5 minutes or shorter in length and the theme is comedy.

The judges:

Geoffrey Zimmerman - He is a published author and is a wonderful writer. He was a producer for Miami Vice.

http://geoffreyzimmerman.com/

Robin Morningstar -- script writer, director, producer, actor and he has made several independent films (among them Wonder Boy). Currently he is working Chakan the Forever Man

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2072916/

Richard Poshard - script writer and film maker, he has an extensive background in theater. He is the author of The Man from Schenectady

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3829259/

Ann Otto - a published author who has worked professinally as a writer all her life.

Myself - Lucinda McNary

There may be two more judges but I have yet to hear from, them.

So get started on your movies and make sure you post your movie link in this thread so we can keep track of them.

The contest will run until Labor Day which gives you plenty of time to come up with a movie. What are you waiting for, MAKE US LAUGH!

#25 ghetss261

ghetss261

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

LOL..
hahaha,.. biggrin.gif
that was great...

#26 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

We only have one entry for this contest so far. I know you new users can do this and this is a big prize for you. So I am extending the deadline to September 20, 2010.

#27 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Here is my second contribution, this time a commercial for a fictitious brand.
Since it's a commercial, it has no real title.

I hope it will make you laugh smile.gif

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=105274

#28 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (mystery_egypt @ Aug 14 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is my second contribution, this time a commercial for a fictitious brand.
Since it's a commercial, it has no real title.

I hope it will make you laugh smile.gif

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=105274

Great, I will pass this on to the judges.

#29 gitsch

gitsch

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

I'm sad I'm not a new user and ineligble. Been here over ayear, just didn't do much till they came out with 1.3. Oh well ; (

#30 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (gitsch @ Aug 15 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sad I'm not a new user and ineligble. Been here over ayear, just didn't do much till they came out with 1.3. Oh well ; (

So far we only have two entries and both from the same person, I wonder if I should expand the contest and include users who have been here a lot longer. What do you think?

#31 gitsch

gitsch

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

I'm very surprised you haven't got a larger response. I think it's amazing what one can do with MS with a little practice and a few tries. But. It's hard to change rules midstream without starting a chitstorm.
So. I'd say whoever's entered has earned the prize fair and square. I wasn't digging for a widening of the criteria, just wanted to clarify that I wasn't as new as my recent burst of activity.

#32 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (gitsch @ Aug 15 2010, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm very surprised you haven't got a larger response. I think it's amazing what one can do with MS with a little practice and a few tries. But. It's hard to change rules midstream without starting a chitstorm.
So. I'd say whoever's entered has earned the prize fair and square. I wasn't digging for a widening of the criteria, just wanted to clarify that I wasn't as new as my recent burst of activity.

Yes that is why I didn't change the rules for the context but I did extend the deadline until September 20. I was surprised we didn't get more entries because there are a lot of new users and we have outside judges so it will be very objective and the prize is great.

#33 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Don't forget about this contest new users. I know you are making movies and we really want you to enter this contest as it is a great way to get a whole year of Moviestorm free.

#34 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

I'm hoping to fix whatever problem I've been having with the voice / animation stuff.. its really annoying now because its the same films and I am assuming I have to start over again and recreate the entire set... ahhhhrrrghh!

It just doesn't seem to work with the things I recorded, and yet previously recorded things, well I got to find out if there is something wrong that its just not understanding.. otherwise I may actually attempt to make you laugh.. but it could take some time.
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#35 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Aug 25 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm hoping to fix whatever problem I've been having with the voice / animation stuff.. its really annoying now because its the same films and I am assuming I have to start over again and recreate the entire set... ahhhhrrrghh!

It just doesn't seem to work with the things I recorded, and yet previously recorded things, well I got to find out if there is something wrong that its just not understanding.. otherwise I may actually attempt to make you laugh.. but it could take some time.

If you use a really long conversation as one file in Moviesstorm, it can mess up the lip synch so cut the dialogue to individual sentences. Also make sure your audio is clear. Do you have any audio editing programs like Audition because you can easily get rid of bad noise without messing up the audio file with that program.

#36 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

A reminder to new users here that the contest ends September 20, 2010 and we would like to have more submissions. Remember the first place winner gets a full year of Moviestorm for free and that also includes enough points to buy almost all the content packs. That is quite a good deal and would cost you a lot if you had to buy this on your own. The second prize is 1000 Moviestorm Points and the third price is 500 Moviestorm points.

You can earn money making movies with Moviestorm. I am starting on my second paid project that I got from contact with someone who came on the Moviestorm forums looking for an individual to make a series of movies. All I did was show him my work and give him the price and he accepted. And these two projects came along in the past couple of weeks.

I expect there will be more opportunities in the future for Moviestorm users. A few years ago I started making films and had no experience at all, and now I am earning money from doing this as well as having three commercial films, one completed and two in production to my credit. Commercial full length feature films are in demand and you can get distributors for these movies. When you get a distributor, they produce all the DVD's, do all the marketing and advertising and even send the movie to film festivals at their expense and you get 70% of the profit as royalties. Of course that has to be divided among the other film contributos, writer, actors, musicians, modders, etc so at first you will not see much of a profit. But the valuable thing is getting your movie submitted to film festivals and not having to pay all the fees.

#37 riott007

riott007

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:15 PM

I CRY FOUL!! that was a double post! Just be careful next time.

Also, I might enter your contest. I hope I win because I very talented and I am an artist.

Thanks so much and have a good day. laugh.gif

#38 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

The contest is only for new users who have downloaded Moviestorm beginning March 31, 2010. The reason for the contest was to encourage new users here to make movies. At a later date, I may have one for everyone though.

#39 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Sep 5 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The contest is only for new users who have downloaded Moviestorm beginning March 31, 2010. The reason for the contest was to encourage new users here to make movies. At a later date, I may have one for everyone though.

ah, oh well, it counts me out, by a few weeks.. doesn't matter, I'm still going to make stuff.. *shrugs*

Be well and please, I want to see new(er) users making some things too. It would be fun to see who wins.
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#40 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Sep 5 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ah, oh well, it counts me out, by a few weeks.. doesn't matter, I'm still going to make stuff.. *shrugs*

Be well and please, I want to see new(er) users making some things too. It would be fun to see who wins.

Well darn, wish I had made it starting January 1, 2010 but I can't change things when the contest is almost over. It wouldn't be fair but I will be running another one for everyone in the near future.