• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gconlon114

gconlon114

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I have an idea for another WaterWorld movie. I know the orignal WaterWorld didn't do so well but I loved the action and plot line. Also throughout my childhood I've always thought that Kevin Costner's character in the film, The Mariner, was the most bad ass person to ever be on screen.
But back to the topic, I have an idea for a prequl to the 1995 film. This movie would show the origin of the when the whole world lost dry land and shows what REALLY happened to make dry land sink. I think that this would be a very interesting film to make and I am currently writing a script for the movie.
Hopefully when the script has been finished I can take it to Universal and try to make this thing workout. Now the reason I have put up this topic is because I want to share this plopt line with all of you and I ask what do you guys think of this story??? Anything to add? Maybe things to strongly avoid?
Thanks a whole lot.

#2 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

blink.gif Good luck with all that water. wink.gif I think some very acute camera angles are need tongue.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#3 MrClaims

MrClaims

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

The idea sounds good - I love the movie too, but please don't turn it into some melodramatic, pompous story named "Waterworld - before it was wet" wink.gif