• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

In the townhouse addon, the different parts snap together, I was just wondering how this was done? is it done using a bone system, or is it just a tweak in the modders workshop?

forumsig.png

#2 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

Pretty sure it is a bone system. If you look at the bone names of the townhouse skeletons, you will see why:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Moviestorm-1.4\AddOn\TownBuildings\Data\Props\BuildingBlock\01_Townhouse\Ground_Left>type BuildingBlock_01.CSF
CSF ░♦
Bone_Root ■  > ┐☺ ?■  ╛ Ç Ç Ç■  > ┐☺ ?■  >    ♦ ☺ ♥ ♣ ♫ Bone_LeftSnap ô H8 ûC û╖≤♦5?±♦╡2≡♦╡2≤♦5?ô H╕ Ç  ò├ ≤♦5┐ ≥♦5? ☺ ☻ ‼ Bone_Top_Snap_Left ■ òCπo`╖ ╕  ⌂?-╜;' Ç2i!ó3 û├,π♣8² òC±♦5?àIe3⌠♦5?éIe│☺ ♫ Bone_BackSnap ▬7▓☺\7 û├ Ç?☻
▓² ┐2 á│╘W!+l M8 û├ ? ?☺ ?■  ╛ ☺ ♦ ‼ Bone_Top_Snap_Back ûC$ æ7 Ç╕ Ç?☺ Ç2♥ @│04  ò├  r8  òC☺ ?■  ╛☺ ?²  >♥ ☼ Bone_FrontSnap ▬╖▓☺\╖ ûC Ç? ▬7▓☺\7 û├■  > ┐☺ ?■  > ☺ ♠ ¶ Bone_Top_Snap_Front   òC╩?╖╕ 8 Ç? @3☻ └2 ░3 û├ └ç╕ ûCⁿ  >☻ ?? ┐♣ ☼ Bone_RightSnap ô H╕ û├ û7≤♦5┐≤♦╡ª╢├çº≤♦5?ô H8▓☺▄╖  ò├±♦5?c└♦3⌠♦5?b└♦│ ☺ ¶
Bone_Top_Snap_Right   òC∞o`7 Ç8  ⌂?*ew3■ ⌂2╡►Q4² ò├\ô 8 ûC┼└`4≤♦5┐ I 4≥♦5?
D:\Program Files (x86)\Moviestorm-1.4\AddOn\TownBuildings\Data\Props\BuildingBlock\01_Townhouse\Ground_Left>

Ignore the funky chars, that is just the binary bone data, I have highlighted the bone names.
-- Reacher

#3 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, I was just about to answer the same thing rolleyes.gif Either that or use glue
(I know, bad humor)

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

Yes - the prop requires bones that include the word 'snap' in their names. Objects on the set that have bones that have the string 'snap' in their name can be snapped to in those positions.
Objects that are being moved around will snap their snap bones to ones of objects on the set. For bones to snap together they have to be pointing in oposite directions to each other.
Bones with the string 'top' in their names, are not used as snap bones on the object you are dragging around.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd