• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Geiiga

Geiiga

Director

• Pioneers
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:54 AM

The question of "who owns my movies" has been plaguing me since I've started becoming a prolific whatever I am over the past couple months. Using TM, my goal has been to be popular but not so much that Activision takes note of me. I've succeeded in only the latter so far, but I've had some fun doing it.

Anyway, to avoid litigation, I've been wanting to start producing in MovieStorm. Examples of my work are all over lukeandjoe.com -- but I have a couple specific questions that I don't know how to deal with. I realize this stuff sounds kind of nitpicky but there are a certain number of things that I want to be able to do, and if I can do these I can handle the whole shebang.

Luke's shirt is one such thing. Black shirt, says "Beef Jerky" on it. People actually want to buy this shirt, and I'd like to sell it to them, but I haven't yet figured out how to get it into MovieStorm.

Second, Luke has a full beard. Again, I've seen a goatee, and I've seen the old guy with the beard, but getting a beard onto a 20-something guy appears to be an impossibility. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cletus is probably right out. One of our more popular characters, he's a redneck who seems to spend all his time telling stories and hunting an evil beaver. Note the odd facial shape, the fact that his left eye is twice the size of his right, and the fact that he's bald on top and long in the back.

Finally,

The Democratic Party headquarters. While the Republican HQ looks like it's out of Frankenstein, or possibly the alternate 1985 in Back to the Future II when Biff has the sports almanac, the Democrats have a converted strip club. Doing that kind of thing with sets is something I have also not figured out how to do, although I did notice billboards in one movie.

If I can figure out how to do three of these things, I am set. Any help?

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

Geiiga, as a temporary solution you can overwrite the textures from the core / base packs, so long as you don't mind losing some MS assets.
Simply 'draw over' the texture files, using a program that will handle saving to a DDS file.
Preserve the originals so you can replace them if you mess up.

#3 nb99

nb99

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

I have added some more detail on the approach of altering existing texture files, see http://www.moviestor...1951.page#14568

nb
-------------------------------------------------------
Nota Bene : from the centurions little book of desert survival.

If Nero had backed up Rome *before* he fiddled, it would have saved a lot of tears.

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

Well when you have the modders workshop, it is easy to change and create new props and sets. I use a lot of simple objects and modify them to take a user image. But there are also a lot of simple props already that you can apply an image to. All the backdrops work that way and I often use them to create sets. They work great. Because of the fantastic resolution of this program, backdrops look very 3D depending upon how good the photograph is. To get photos to use, I go to Flickr.com and Morguefile.com - which are both places where people are very willing to let you use their photographs. I just check the license of the picture and then leave the creator a note asking permission to use their photograph.

I've done kitichen sets this way and all kinds of sets with gazebos and fountains too. Never done a strip club, but heck that can't be that hard to do, especially with all the new lighting we have in Moviestorm.

By the way, your movie sounds like so much fun. I am going to check out your site and watch them. Let me know if you need any help finding photographs. I have tons of them already formatted to use on our backdrops and other props that can take a user image.

#5 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:19 AM

I just like to say that The Adventures of Luke & Joe are really good, I just watched Leap Day and Election Day, really great stuff.

Regards
Davidwww

Moviestorm still Number One