• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

I just uploaded my 1st Scifi weapons pack for Moviestorm.
It is untested in 1.1.6, so let me know if there are any issues.

Bongos Scifi Weapons Pack content:
Scifi Pistol
Scifi Pistol with Laser sight
Sword
Handheld Protest Sign
Scifi Rifle 1

CREDITS 3D object modeling by Bongo with textures sourced from the internet.

For use with Moviestorm.
Zipped Addon format. Unzip & install like any other addon.

http://machinimods.c...px?download=602

Your comments are appreciated, suggestions welcome.
Enjoy

#2 hythammm

hythammm

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

this is a great work bongoman
as always
smile.gif
My upcoming work : PSEUDOMURDERER .
COMING SOON
June 2009
HHH

#3 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Jul 12 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scifi Pistol
Sword
Handheld Protest Sign
Scifi Rifle 1

For use with Moviestorm.

Enjoy

:-) cool :-)
"602.addon" installed
Taking a look at the props (without the ShortFuse Scifi pack or any premium packs running and tested in ms1.161) , the static props all part of the Glock17 prop came out well. with
The protest sign just didn't want to lay flat ;-)

just minor errors in the textures:

CODE
DDSTexture Data/Props/Weapons/Guns/Pistols/SciBonPisLaser/Textures/lasertex1.dds missing mipmaps: 256x256, 9 mipmap levels needed, 0 mipmap levels provided
DDSTexture Data/Props/Weapons/Guns/Pistols/Sword2/Textures/protestSign.dds missing mipmaps: 256x256, 9 mipmap levels needed, 0 mipmap levels provided

Even ShortFuse has some of these errors in some of their DDS files but i don't think it ever causes problems.

The use-able props were tricky to find because they are Glock17 variations-- where there are 2 Glock17 gun icons in the use props menu. On my computer it was the first that contained your props.
Just a suggestion: It would be cool to make a new thumbnail of a sword (and the rest) and call it something different.
But when i finally found the sword/lazer gun and protest sign, they worked so well :-)

Interesting what you did with some of the textures-a mixture of JPG and DDS. Some where JPG but so much smaller then a DDS. And Texture sizes were interesting;using 1024size for for some of the props parts and 256size for other parts.
Where it comes to Textures, i've got into the habit of mostly making 3 sizes textures of 256/512/1024, 1024 for those closeups... Think i'll carry this through into prop making LO and HIRes variations...
Your sword Looks cool at HIRes :-)

LOL changing a gun into a protest sign.. Great idea. Imagine a gun turning into a flower LOL
With the new option of 'customize prop' (ms1.161) your props work so much better :-)

Thanks much for the addon :-)

#4 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Jul 12 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scifi Pistol
Sword
Handheld Protest Sign
Scifi Rifle 1

For use with Moviestorm.

Enjoy

:-) cool :-)
"602.addon" installed
Taking a look at the props (without the ShortFuse Scifi pack or any premium packs running and tested in ms1.161) , the static props all part of the Glock17 prop came out well. with

CODE

DDSTexture Data/Props/Weapons/Guns/Pistols/SciBonPisLaser/Textures/lasertex1.dds missing mipmaps: 256x256, 9 mipmap levels needed, 0 mipmap levels provided

DDSTexture Data/Props/Weapons/Guns/Pistols/Sword2/Textures/protestSign.dds missing mipmaps: 256x256, 9 mipmap levels needed, 0 mipmap levels provided

Even ShortFuse has some of these errors in some of their DDS files but i don't think it ever causes problems.

The use-able props were tricky to find because they are Glock17 variations-- where there are 2 Glock17 gun icons in the use props menu. On my computer it was the first that contained your props.
Just a suggestion: It would be cool to make a new thumbnail of a sword (and the rest) and call it something different.
But when i finally found the sword/lazer gun and protest sign, they worked so well :-)

Interesting what you did with some of the textures-a mixture of JPG and DDS. Some where JPG but so much smaller then a DDS. And Texture sizes were interesting;using 1024size for for some of the props parts and 256size for other parts.
Where it comes to Textures, i've got into the habit of mostly making 3 sizes textures of 256/512/1024, 1024 for those closeups... Think i'll carry this through into prop making LO and HIRes variations...

LOL changing a gun into a protest sign.. Great idea. Imagine a gun turning into a flower LOL
With the new option of 'customize prop' (ms1.161) your props work so much better :-)

#5 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

Sorry, something went wrong with the 2 last posts.. and i can't even delete them :-(

here is post without codebox and quotes:

or any premium packs running and tested in ms1.161) ,
the static props all part of the Glock17 prop came out well. with

Even ShortFuse has some of these errors in some of their DDS files but
i don't think it ever causes problems.

The use-able props were tricky to find because they are Glock17 variations-
- where there are 2 Glock17 gun icons in the use props menu.
On my computer it was the first that contained your props.
Just a suggestion: It would be cool to make a new thumbnail of a sword
(and the rest) and call it something different.

Interesting what you did with some of the textures-
a mixture of JPG and DDS.
Some where JPG but so much smaller then a DDS.
And Texture sizes were interesting;
using 1024size for for some of the props parts and 256size for other parts.

Where it comes to Textures,
i've got into the habit of mostly making 3 sizes textures of 256/512/1024, 1024 for those closeups...
Think i'll carry this through into prop making LO and HIRes variations...

LOL changing a gun into a protest sign.. Great idea.
Imagine a gun turning into a flower LOL

#6 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:30 AM

always nice to see a picture smile.gif
UL this one to show off the new "customize prop"
and the name of the usable prop.
The addon is working well.
Great work bongoman :-)

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

The swords are great and I will be using them in Wonder Boy and you will be getting credit for it. Thanks.

#8 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for your input. smile.gif I appreciate it.

And thanks Tree for being so thorough... I had no idea one could access the weapons as static props!
How did you do that?
I was considering making static versions so the weapons could be found lying on a counter or something, this would be Very convienient.

Potpourri of textures, yes. Photoshop takes a long time to save DDS for some reason. All texs are 'squared' though. Sometimes I was too lazy to switch from jpg format, knowing full well that someday... maybe not today, mebbe not tomorrow, but someday... jpgs won't work no more no how on deeze sorts a things. Probably.

I guess you found the texture info from the machiniscope file? They displayed okay, but you found the error messages somehow...? I have a habit of using different textures once i get into Modders Workshop, the ones I often use in Blender during construction are placeholders usually.
Let me know if there's a visible problem & i'll fix it, if so.

The protest sign - I dithered over that one, cuz if it's not a weapon it can be clicked on in the user's costume editor & another image easily applied to it without leaving MS. As it stands now, to customize it, one must find it in the 'bongoweapons' addon folder & change the image saved there.
The problem with making it an accessory is that the puppets can only 'point', which doesn't look as realistic. I'll eventually make another version, that shows up in the accessory menu and they carry it around in all circumstances. I decided to remove the weapons flash on this one so people can't use it as a deadly weapon smile.gif But it still makes noise if you fire the sign.

#9 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

I've got the addon downloaded, and it shows as installed but no props are to be found. When I restart MS I have to reinstall the addon, even though the 602 folder shows up under my addons. Any ideas?

#10 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (steelblade @ Jul 12 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got the addon downloaded, and it shows as installed but no props are to be found. When I restart MS I have to reinstall the addon, even though the 602 folder shows up under my addons. Any ideas?

Odd, the folder should not be entitled '602'. It's called 'bongoweapons'.

The props don't show up in the usual place in v 1.1.6, they are apparantly selected after you've chosen the Glock 17 weapon. I'll know better later this week when I re-update to 1.1.6.

#11 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Jul 13 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The props don't show up in the usual place in v 1.1.6, they are apparantly selected after you've chosen the Glock 17 weapon. I'll know better later this week when I re-update to 1.1.6.

The addon got somehow 'renamed from the outside' probably from the hosting site. There was no unzipping just a 602.addon file. Internally, moviestorm sees the name as BongoWeapons but the name (and "listing") of the addon is still '602' ;-) I thought 602.addon was a strange name for an addon ;-)

The Tags that people can use is, "prop", "gun" to find the static props in the director view, then choose your variation.

----------------
another picture below to takeaway the mystery of how to use it:

Click to view th full size then you will see how to use.

-------------
Paint.Net:One of the programs I use, a free, simple yet fast Graphics program with built-in DDS converter... (if only it had batch convert)
http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

I don't know what 'squared' ("....a long time to save DDS for some reason. All texs are 'squared' though.")

I use this setting in my paint.net program:
It seems to render it pretty fast...

----

one of the best troubleshooting tools in moviestorm is it's Log.txt in the other moviestorm directory(usually in the subdirectory of where 'movies' are kept) file and do a search for words like illegal, missing or failed.. it usually gives the answer where to start looking for the errors.. when i can make sense of it sometimes.

#12 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Jul 12 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was able to find these in the mod shop, but not in the 'use prop' menu or in the static props. I considered 'moving' the prop to another addon there, in case that 'nudges' them into showing up. Any idea if that would work?

#13 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

No, its there, its just different in MS116 - there's 2 Glocks, one of them will have all the modded pistols in them, and the shotgun will have the scifi rifle option. I'm just going by Tree's post, just above here.
cheers

#14 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:58 AM

okies, I figgered it out.

COOL!

#15 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

Next time I'll make sure the addon is always zipped before I upload it to Machinimods so the name doesn't get changed.

Has anyone tried pointing the lasersight to get the red dot on the forehead yet? You're in for a surprise...
I'm working on a solution though.

#16 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

Hmm... The laser sight pistol doesn't show up. Got sigh, sword, etc.

#17 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

The thumbnail will look completely blank, cuz it snaps a pic of the whole gun & lasersight, which is about 20 ft long, thereby rendering the gun so small as to be invisible.

If you have anymore problems please post, I've been mulling over remaking the addon & putting it into a zip file...

#18 tymax1234

tymax1234

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:56 PM

I have been waiting a long time for this, Jesus, free weapons! I thought you were joking when you said you would release them, thanks a lot for saving me $20!

#19 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (tymax1234 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been waiting a long time for this, Jesus, free weapons! I thought you were joking when you said you would release them, thanks a lot for saving me $20!

You're welcome.
An odd thing to say however, considering you haven't made a movie using even the default weapons yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce with these mods. smile.gif

I've already mentioned in one of these threads that I'd rather not work at cross purposes with the SF team, and would be willing to work within guidelines they set out. For all the complaining I might do, be aware that I'm a huge fan of Moviestorm, I've always felt that it has the most potential for producing great looking machinima, and I would do a lot to make sure it continues to grow & develop.

#20 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Installed fine, Bongoman! Thanks!