• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

This is a question for MS Staff but if any one Know the answer feel free to bring me up to speed.

I came to Movie MS at Version 1.1.1.4 but I am aware that 1.1.4.1 was sort of a major update at that time or maybe it it was 1.1.3.1.

non the less there was an Older Version Of MS that Had way different puppet hair styles and prop then what we have now in 1.3. In this Old Version Of MS the puppets had available really long hair that ran Past the shoulders it had a couple Gestures and Props with animations. like computer typing that is no longer available

why where the Thing of Old That were good (and by this Movie Maker Very Desirable) Lost done away with and tossed to the flame's, a part of me would love to see an addon release that would make some of these old things available Again Like the Long Hair in a Ponytail that Hug down to about the mid Back, and the long hair that flow down over the Brest, not to mention the Faces where different too and would Give the new 1.3 way more face Options. why did you have to discard of this? it was good! I Still want it and wold pay for an addon like it. why not reload the old quickly in to 3DSM (3D Studio Max) and make it compliment with the new?
What was the Thinking?

has any one ever Tried to re-introduce the old into the new, Is the file Structure and bone structure so different that NONE of it Could be salvaged and Used In The New? Face Textures? The hair? Props? accessory's?

I would Really Like to Know the Reason cause it dose not make scents to me that you would Just toss something so valuable

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

I would like to know too why these props and other things were tossed out. A lot of the trees and all the buildings are gone except what was in the addons. Luckily I still have my old version of Moviestorm installed so I can use them from there but of course I prefer the new version.

#3 celestina

celestina

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 379 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

That all sounds really useful... sometimes this happens with programs - up-grading means losing some great stuff and functions... (I have found this especially with two programs I have recently up-dated - the older versions are better - not Moviestorm).

Look forward to hearing the reply to this... smile.gif

This link will take you there: Celestina's Texture Collections ... COUNTRY COLLECTION Ready Now!

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (celestina @ May 29 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That all sounds really useful... sometimes this happens with programs - up-grading means losing some great stuff and functions... (I have found this especially with two programs I have recently up-dated - the older versions are better - not Moviestorm).

Look forward to hearing the reply to this... smile.gif

I have no idea why they tossed out the other content, most of which came with the base pack and was free. And now that it is a pay for program, you would think they would offer more content in the base pack instead of less.

#5 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 29 2010, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Luckily I still have my old version of Moviestorm installed so I can use them from there but of course I prefer the new version.

I would Sill Like to try and reintroduce the Old Props into the new MS 1.3 so please Upload some of your old addon's so I can Try just one or 2 I could experiment with, cause allot of the old User made mods still work with the new I am sure with a little bit of File manipulation the non-user made ones will work too.

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#6 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ May 30 2010, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would Sill Like to try and reintroduce the Old Props into the new MS 1.3 so please Upload some of your old addon's so I can Try just one or 2 I could experiment with, cause allot of the old User made mods still work with the new I am sure with a little bit of File manipulation the non-user made ones will work too.

The hilarious answer to your first question is that assets are usually removed because users complain about them for one reason or another. A lot of assets also failed to make the grade as we learnt and upgraded what we were doing.

Please don't try messing with old files PapaG, redistributing assets that you have not been given permission to do so is no doubt breaking various EULA entries.

Instead please post a list of the assets you would like to see brought back here and we will consider ways of renovating them.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#7 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ May 30 2010, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please post a list of the assets you would like to see brought back here and we will consider ways of renovating them.

Ok Well All The Really Long Hair Styles To Start, For both the Male and Female puppets. The Ones that Go Far Past The Shoulder to around the Mid Back Area I Especial want the Long Ponytail for the Female Puppet the one with the bow

The computer and Laptop Animations that included using a mouse Not Just the typing

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#8 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ May 30 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok Well All The Really Long Hair Styles To Start, For both the Male and Female puppets. The Ones that Go Far Past The Shoulder to around the Mid Back Area I Especial want the Long Ponytail for the Female Puppet the one with the bow

The computer and Laptop Animations that included using a mouse Not Just the typing

I'm not entirely sure the computer anims ever went in as I made them specifically for a commission we did.

But the long hairstyles were definitely criticized and generally disliked by the office. The hat issue (which I have a genius fix for) was another reason for their dismissal.
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#9 ed

ed

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ May 30 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hat issue (which I have a genius fix for) was another reason for their dismissal.

Hat? There's a hat in Moviestorm!? 8-O

#10 squirrelygirl

squirrelygirl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1910 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

If you're counting users who want these old assets back count me in! I have never seen any of these assets so I can't pick out all the ones I would want, but any long hair variations, faces, animations, and long dress variations that have been "set aside" would benefit both my modding and filming. smile.gif

modsnmore_logo.jpg

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (squirrelygirl @ May 30 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're counting users who want these old assets back count me in! I have never seen any of these assets so I can't pick out all the ones I would want, but any long hair variations, faces, animations, and long dress variations that have been "set aside" would benefit both my modding and filming. smile.gif

The only long dresses that we have ever had are still in the pack, the Juliet one and the one from the Valentine pack but actually I can't find that one. However, there was a beautiful long Juliet hairdo that was available a long time ago and I still have it in my old version of Moviestorm. Also a lot of different men's hairdos, the spiked one and the full one with kind of longish hair in the back. And of course the faces, lots of them are missing now, especially the early women's faces.

All the old buildings and background buildings are missing. They were great and very useful, as well as the pine trees are missing. There is also missing furniture. I will open up my older program of Moviestorm and do a little demo video on what is missing. Maybe we can get them to bring them back.

#12 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 31 2010, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only long dresses that we have ever had are still in the pack, the Juliet one and the one from the Valentine pack but actually I can't find that one. However, there was a beautiful long Juliet hairdo that was available a long time ago and I still have it in my old version of Moviestorm. Also a lot of different men's hairdos, the spiked one and the full one with kind of longish hair in the back. And of course the faces, lots of them are missing now, especially the early women's faces.

All the old buildings and background buildings are missing. They were great and very useful, as well as the pine trees are missing. There is also missing furniture. I will open up my older program of Moviestorm and do a little demo video on what is missing. Maybe we can get them to bring them back.

I Think That Would Be Great

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#13 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

I would love to see MS characters be able to use the computers. This is such a basic, everyday thing. Since they've already been done, surely they can be easily added?

#14 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

I certainly recall having the computer animations, and not by way of a special addon, I don't think. It may have been basebeta 2 or some other no longer supported addon, but it's still something that we should keep. If it needs cleaning up, then clean it, but we shouldn't lose it entirely.

#15 sfdex

sfdex

Master Director

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

I haven't been around long enough to have had access to the pioneer versions of the software, but I do recall when the commissioned animation Chris mentioned hit the front page of the site, everyone was all "ooh, aah" about the character typing on her laptop while balancing it on her lap. I seem to recall someone official saying that the computer-use animation was going to be released "soon." That was a long time ago....

So, I'll throw my voice in here for getting those computer-use animations. I seem to recall that there was a typing animation in some before-my-time content, because folks talk about how to fake using the computer by hiding the piano stool in a chair and using the play piano animation which looks about a realistic as the scene of Scotty typing on the Mac in Star Trek IV.

And I'm always hoping for different faces and hairstyles, but I'm holding out hope for the new character workshop mentioned in the Dev Blog.
MacBook Pro - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.66 GHz - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M/9600M GT - Snow Leopard (10.6.4)

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

Well I just tried installling both base beta 02 and Pioneer into the 1.3 and although they install, they do not show up in the props browser and the hair styles don't show up either. But I still have my old version of Moviestorm installed that does have those props, faces and hairdos.

#17 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

Please don't try messing with old files PapaG, redistributing assets that you have not been given permission to do so is no doubt breaking various EULA entries.

Instead please post a list of the assets you would like to see brought back here and we will consider ways of renovating them.

I when through some old MS Video Posting to see If I could Find an example of of the old asset I would like to see restored

So First example Video Posted 775 days ago

Godiva by equinoxx
Content Starting at 45 Seconds

& by lucindamc123 - Talking Turkey same Hair content starts @ 45 seconds again

See That Long Hair I want That

Repter7 give's us a Quick Gimps at some Long Hair (diffent From above two) also

This next by User mrjoyce same hair as Repter7 but more screen time and the Hair I WANT IT

This one Long Hair for the male (An Overman Prodution)

I'm actually not sure I want that hair but others viewing this post Might

And the Computer animation I know shows up In this tutorial by Davidwww

But yeah that's all for what I want
I Know you said
we will consider ways of renovating them.

and so I know that's No Promise,

But I really want that hair
so Here's Praying it will come to pass

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#18 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

The hat issue (which I have a genius fix for) was another reason for their dismissal.

Hmm, when you say you have a fix for the hat issue, do you mean an overall fix that will allow hats to be used with some of the new hairstyles....?

And if so is that something we can expect in a future patch/update..?

#19 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Yes that is the Juliet hairstyle which I loved and I still have installed on one of my older versions of Moviestorm but even though I put both base beta 02 and Pioneer on my new 1.3 program, that hairstyle does not show up, neither does the spiked man hairdo or the longish male hairdo that I used a lot.

#20 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

I'm not entirely sure the computer anims ever went in as I made them specifically for a commission we did.

But the long hairstyles were definitely criticized and generally disliked by the office. The hat issue (which I have a genius fix for) was another reason for their dismissal.

You are too hard on yourselves. The long hairstyles were the best ones. Remember when you do work for other people's use, it isn't always what you would want as an artist but what the other person would like to have. Were they difficult to use with other clothing or on the puppet design or what? They still work fine on my older version of Moviestorm.