• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BA

BA

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

Arrived home 3 days before Christmas. Car would not start (used a hire car for a month), No Christmas shopping done, Panic on.

Managed to get car in for repair, took 2 days, cost 600, owchhh.

Bought everything in the remaining day. Thank god.

Fuse went on new years eve, lost all power, some idiot left the shower running and it soaked the dry wall causing the breaker to go, took hours to dry out.

Son was not happy with the Boxed set of Matrix films I bought him as it was blu ray and we have no blu ray player (Should have checked the packaging).

Wife's bracelet lost a stone in the first hour, still trying to find it.

Got the twins programmable robots, constant fighting as they try to program their combative skills into the robots to kill each other. Still at least they are not fighting each other as usual.

In the BA household I suppose it has been worse, I love Christmas but this year it has really been hard to feel festive.

Why do I feel I am becoming a grumpy old man ?

So....How was your Christmas ?

Matt and Dave Review our last film "Faith Hope and Charity". http://blackaceprodu...ious/Review.wma

#2 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:54 AM

Was on the receiving end of a poke in the eye (accidental) from my father's newspaper. Still stings.

Found out I'm going to be an uncle next summer.

Went to work (whence comes make this post).
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#3 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

I with my back pain and my girlfirend with her broken toe,
Have worked little in the last month, and we're so damn broke.
I got her a new jacket and hat so that she no longer looks like a frump,
And as a birthday/Christmas combo, she got me a license for CrazyBump.

Merry Christmas!

#4 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:15 AM

Owwww my head. owwwwwwwwwwwwww my head.

Sounds like your girlfriend loves you, Angri - that's an ace gift.

#5 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

(AngriBuddhist)
I with my back pain and my girlfirend with her broken toe,
Have worked little in the last month, and we're so damn broke.
I got her a new jacket and hat so that she no longer looks like a frump,
And as a birthday/Christmas combo, she got me a license for CrazyBump.

Merry Christmas!

Make sure she never reads this post in regards to her fumpyness or you'll be wearing a crazy bump on your head

As for my Christmas, I actually had a good time for a change usually its a mad dash for late presents and things happen like cars running into other cars etc, but this year it went all rather nicely.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

Ran around at the last minute as usual buying the rest of the gifts for my family, especially my husband and son. Worried as my daughter is BANKRUPTING us with her usual demands for everything. She was bored within 30 minutes and wanted to know if the stores were open Christmas Day. My son was happy with the Xbox 360 but none of the expensive South Pole jeans I bought fit him. And his sister, of course broke the most expensive game I got him (Gears of War) within about 30 minutes by moving the Xbox when it was playing. Evidently you can't even touch the darn thing when a disk is playing or it renders the disk unusable.

But he was cool. Oh my kids got us up at 5:00 AM after we went to bed at 2:00 AM so we drug around all day.

I did get the good Samson mic for Christmas which I love. I am just glad it is all over.

When you have kids, Christmas isn't fun anymore. It is a lot of work. Except my boy was great as he usually is about everything and he isn't bored with the Xbox 360 yet and he won't get bored with it. And my daughter loves the Nikon camera my husband got for her and she is going around taking pictures and videos of us all. Oh joy!!! But she finds it fun. Now if she can actually keep from losing it or breaking it for a bit, it might be a good thing. LOL

#7 dpickett

dpickett

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

Aha! My Christmas was busy as usual visiting everybody and eating chocolate. Still very busy, lots of work to catch up on I should have done before Christmas. Everything should be back to normal in a few weeks for me.
Composer, Producer
David Pickett

#8 Geiiga

Geiiga

Director

• Pioneers
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

(lucindamc123)
And his sister, of course broke the most expensive game I got him (Gears of War) within about 30 minutes by moving the Xbox when it was playing. Evidently you can't even touch the darn thing when a disk is playing or it renders the disk unusable.
I did that to my Rock Band game right after I opened it. The guys at GameStop were happy to swap it out for me.

I drove my mom and my niece the eight hours to Texas to my brother's place (ten with all the stops we had to make due to small bladders and the complete lack of urgency with which both of them move). Got in around 2am Christmas Eve. Mom had just given me a 22" monitor for my birthday (December 17, right in the middle of finals week, argh) and came up big again on Christmas Day, with a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarer shades and a warm scarf. As a college student, of course, I was entirely too broke to give anyone anything but a healthy dose of Christmas cheer, and mixed drinks. My brother's fiancee bought him Guitar Hero World Tour, so we adjourned to the game room for most of the rest of the day and played. Good stuff, and it was good to take a few days off of thinking about Luke and Joe.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Florida, where I have two nephews aged four and five that I've never met (I hate to fly). So today I have to finish the next couple episodes of Luke and Joe. I'm pretty well prepared, though. Thirty-two ebooks on the iPod and laptop, a bunch of movies on the laptop, and three big projects to work on (a live-action sitcom I'm pitching to the University TV guys, a screenplay, and a...third thing). Hopefully keeping busy will keep my mind off the fact that I can't have a cigarette while I'm down there.

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:13 AM

I wish I had known that we could return the game. We bought it at Best Buy. But I think I already threw the disk away and bought in another one. At least I found it used for not too much money. I will remember that if it ever happens again.

#10 Geiiga

Geiiga

Director

• Pioneers
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:10 AM

I've also found that the guys at Wal-Mart will exchange anything regardless of where you bought it or what kind of condition it's in. Plus, you're ripping off Wal-Mart, so you can feel good about doing it.

#11 Trinity

Trinity

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 618 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

(lucindamc123)
Ran around at the last minute as usual buying the rest of the gifts for my family, especially my husband and son. Worried as my daughter is BANKRUPTING us with her usual demands for everything. She was bored within 30 minutes and wanted to know if the stores were open Christmas Day. My son was happy with the Xbox 360 but none of the expensive South Pole jeans I bought fit him. And his sister, of course broke the most expensive game I got him (Gears of War) within about 30 minutes by moving the Xbox when it was playing. Evidently you can't even touch the darn thing when a disk is playing or it renders the disk unusable.

But he was cool. Oh my kids got us up at 5:00 AM after we went to bed at 2:00 AM so we drug around all day.

I did get the good Samson mic for Christmas which I love. I am just glad it is all over.

When you have kids, Christmas isn't fun anymore. It is a lot of work. Except my boy was great as he usually is about everything and he isn't bored with the Xbox 360 yet and he won't get bored with it. And my daughter loves the Nikon camera my husband got for her and she is going around taking pictures and videos of us all. Oh joy!!! But she finds it fun. Now if she can actually keep from losing it or breaking it for a bit, it might be a good thing. LOL

woah, kids today. you're a lot nicer than my mom! she wouldn't put up with that. we got one or two presents, and if we broke them, too d*mn bad, but we knew better not too, or at least not mention that we did. one summer, when i didn't behave as she felt i should she said no xmas present for you. and kept her word. it was actually unreasonable and out of proportion. plus we didn't really get allowance, even though we had lots of chores (dishes, cleaning our rooms, cleaning the bathroom, etc). she did pay us to learn words from the dictionary. 10 to 25 cents each, pay at the end of the month, but only to the kid who learned the most words. if we wanted money, we'd do stuff around the neighbourhood, like cutting grass and babysitting. we all had jobs as teens. heck, my sister had a paper route at age nine. i had one at 10. as a pre-teen, my brother was cleaning out people's basements for cash, and mucking out barns for money. and we didn't talk back either, or complain out loud. we knew better. i'm not saying that it was the best way, and we definitely had issues with oppression, but it wasn't as indulgent as i see and hear about kids today. interestingly enough, my mother's 3 kids - all fully grown now - have no children.

Writer / Producer / Director

DIGIPENDENCE.com - my blog about 3D moviemaking, machinima, animation, cinematic design, sequential art, graphic novels, web comix, fan films, and independent film, video & photo production.

#12 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Worked like a whatsit up to Christmas Eve to get the Doctor Who pack done, but then managed to detach and feel some festive cheer for a couple of days. The highlight either being when I gave my nephew a box set of every Pixar film (in an attempt to educate him and his parents in quality animation) or the Meal on Christmas day.

Now back to insane amounts of DIY, catching up on some of the stuff I should have done last year and planning the future. While writing reviews of 3d apps and sneaking in time on Little Big Planet, LEGO Batman and the oh-so-gorgeous Mirror's Edge.

There's clearly not enough time in my day and I've only got 2 left before back to work :?
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#13 Trinity

Trinity

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 618 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

(BA)
Arrived home 3 days before Christmas. Car would not start (used a hire car for a month), No Christmas shopping done, Panic on.

Managed to get car in for repair, took 2 days, cost 600, owchhh.

Bought everything in the remaining day. Thank god.

Fuse went on new years eve, lost all power, some idiot left the shower running and it soaked the dry wall causing the breaker to go, took hours to dry out.

Son was not happy with the Boxed set of Matrix films I bought him as it was blu ray and we have no blu ray player (Should have checked the packaging).

Wife's bracelet lost a stone in the first hour, still trying to find it.

Got the twins programmable robots, constant fighting as they try to program their combative skills into the robots to kill each other. Still at least they are not fighting each other as usual.

In the BA household I suppose it has been worse, I love Christmas but this year it has really been hard to feel festive.

Why do I feel I am becoming a grumpy old man ?

So....How was your Christmas ?

horrid, and i can certainly relate to some of it (3 broken toes this summer, for example), but luckily, i am going into 2009 with good health, if not a lot of money. also, i was thinking - 'hey, wonder if he'll make a movie short of this tale of woe?'. and look at this way, probably all the crap that would happen to you in 2009 has, and the rest of the year will be FABULOUS!

DIGIPENDENCE.com - my blog about 3D moviemaking, machinima, animation, cinematic design, sequential art, graphic novels, web comix, fan films, and independent film, video & photo production.

#14 -Chris

-Chris

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Suppose I could put a different angle on this... Being a teen myself. tongue.gif

My christmas turned out great, no problems whatsoever... So I guess I was lucky, seeing all the things that happened to you guys. Hopefully everything is sorted out for everyone and you are enjoying the new year.

... Need to get back to moviestorming now though!

#15 Fable Fox

Fable Fox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

my Christmas is awesome - i bought myself a laptop and installed MovieStorm. Registered to further my study in 3d animation.

Oh, KLCC has very tall christmas tree, it quite awesome. Heh.

The only downside is that there is no snow in Malaysia.

#16 Trinity

Trinity

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:01 AM

(Fable Fox)
my Christmas is awesome - i bought myself a laptop and installed MovieStorm. Registered to further my study in 3d animation.

Oh, KLCC has very tall christmas tree, it quite awesome. Heh.

The only downside is that there is no snow in Malaysia.

do keep us updated on the 3D animation study stuff. i'm definitely keeping my ears open as i am trying to pick up stuff on this subject.