• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

Hi I was wanting to test the Addon packer in my spare time and thought I may as well try and help someone out on the forum while I was at it. Problem is I've forgotten who it was that wanted this. Johnnie, when you read this can you remind me/pass this on/contact who it should be sent to. ta.

Most importantly this is NOT an officially released asset, it is not part of any pack, it is the same as you guys modding something up yourselves. Just me having a spare half hour to play with late at night. So any errors you find I apologise for, but they'll probably have to stay - it hasn't been through the rigorous internal QA process biggrin.gif

Anyhoo, attached is a quick and simple wheelchair. Nothing fancy, just the one asset with bones set up so that it can be sat on like a normal chair. Do with it what you will wink.gif

Chris

Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#2 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

Ooh, he'll be thrilled!!!

That was awfully nice of you Chris.

#3 bengarrett1971

bengarrett1971

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:30 AM

I think it was EwanG who wanted this...
Ben
Moviestorm Community Website Developer

#4 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:02 AM

(bengarrett1971)
I think it was EwanG who wanted this...

Yes it was and he will be pleased after my poor efforts of trying to get one into Moviestorm and you can even sit down in it. its very nice :mrgreen:

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#5 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Quick update, I've re-packed the addon as I managed to miss out the template file!

So if you had grabbed it, grab it again smile.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#6 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

i think EwanG is gonna be your new best friend.

#7 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

Just doing my job ma'am

well, ok, maybe a little above and beyond the call of duty, but, well, I just can't help it some times.
Chris Ollis

#8 EwanG

EwanG

Director

• Pioneers
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

Looks great! Certainly is NOT too late to be of help, and I suspect that I won't be the only one who finds this useful :mrgreen:

Thanks again!
You can always check out my latest stuff here.

#9 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

(EwanG)
Looks great! Certainly is NOT too late to be of help, and I suspect that I won't be the only one who finds this useful :mrgreen:

Thanks again!

Glad to be of help
Chris Ollis

#10 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

Wait a sec, you modeled and got that wheelchair into MS with just "a spare spare half hour"? Well, if you ever get an hour or two could you build a physics engine and a cape that flows in the wind?

#11 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

(AngriBuddhist)
Wait a sec, you modeled and got that wheelchair into MS with just "a spare spare half hour"? Well, if you ever get an hour or two could you build a physics engine and a cape that flows in the wind?

yes please. not that angri is helping me out with something or anything...

#12 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

(AngriBuddhist)

Sorry, I'm a monkey with crayons, not a code wrangler.

I can do it in MAX in about 5 minutes though wink.gif

Chris Ollis

#13 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

actually, I can fake it with a looping bone driven motion on an otherwise static object (you'd have to stand your character in front of the cape, it wouldn't be attached to him/her) but that'd take a few more minutes and I'm sure my spare time would be better spent on other things!
Chris Ollis

#14 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

oh my GOD!!! all we need it for is for a static shot of the character standing still! How do we... ? I mean... we just...

... CHRIS!!!!

#15 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

(Chris Ollis)
I can do it in MAX in about 5 minutes though wink.gif

Damn! I wish I had Max. Oh, yeah, and the education to use it.

#16 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! don't tell anyone....

8)

(with thanks to Ben for some fixing of the AutoAnimate function)
Chris Ollis

#17 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

(Chris Ollis)
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! don't tell anyone....

8)

(with thanks to Ben for some fixing of the AutoAnimate function)

Ok I won't but I seem to have a problem with it, no problems starting the workshop before installing it.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#18 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

No, it wouldn't work as it's just the Addon file and not the Addon folder with it's DESCRIPTOR, prop files, or anything. It's the thought that counts though. :mrgreen:

#19 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

I think this may be using stuff that only works with the preview version.

If you wanted to use it in 1.04 version, you might be able to get rid of the offending line.
Open up Addon/SuperHero_Cape/descriptors.xml in a text editor, and delete the line: Data\Sound\Foley\Character\Clothing\clothing_foley08.wav
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#20 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

(AngriBuddhist)
No, it wouldn't work as it's just the Addon file and not the Addon folder with it's DESCRIPTOR, prop files, or anything. It's the thought that counts though. :mrgreen:

Is it? damn, why doesn't the packer put all the important bits in?!
Try this.....
Chris Ollis