• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

I saw some where a discussion on a court room scene so I though why not make a courtroom, there is the Judges bench, Jury stand and a gavel, can any body think of what else it needs?
In anticipation of the ability to use split levels every thing is slightly raised, which probably means tinkering with it and re-releasing when the update comes along.

Regards
David

http://www.mediafire...php?oolmitozuz2

Moviestorm still Number One

#2 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

Always wonderful stuff, Davd...

I can't really tell from the pic, but I think you have room for all 12 jurors?
(edit... and the flags are from the politics pack?)

Nice!

#3 forgeuk

forgeuk

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

nice work David!
How about a public gallery...could even have it on a second level when that feature arrives.

Scott Hather

#4 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

(forgeuk)
nice work David!
How about a public gallery...could even have it on a second level when that feature arrives.

...good idea... maybe at least some kind of divider behind the lawyers' tables? (It'd be nice if there were a couple swivel doors... tongue.gif )
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#5 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

Very nice work David.
All it needs now is a judge's costume (complete with wig?) and one of those black caps for sentencing the accused to death!
Oh, and a hangman, and noose/electric chair... Oh, and prison clothes would be a plus too.
Darn, I'm getting carried away again!
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#6 rocuro

rocuro

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

Very Nice! This makes me realize how international this forum is. Every country has a slightly different judicial system and presumably different expectations for what a court room looks like. Even within the same country the courtrooms can be disparate. I've been in court at least a dozen times (testifying on behalf of clients) and each court room is a little different. Some have juries some don't. Sometimes judges wear robes sometimes they don't.

It sure would be nice if we had enough character control to grab a gavel and bang it on the desk. (Maybe when someone is ready to do a law and order series they can mod a gun prop into a gavel shape.)

Anyway, I hope people put this prop-set you've created to good use.

#7 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Looks good. How about a spot for the court stenographer/reporter? And I'd suggest a door between the jury box and the witness stand. Usually where accused is brought in and out and where the jury exits to deliberate or when the judge asks them to step out during procedural arguments.
Very cool sir!

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

Perfect as usual, David. Thanks for doing this.

#9 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

Nice work, and very handy considering there is supposed to be due process after the law & order dudes get their man...wink.gif

#10 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:35 AM

(Fulkster)
Always wonderful stuff, Davd...

I can't really tell from the pic, but I think you have room for all 12 jurors?
(edit... and the flags are from the politics pack?)

Nice!

Yes there's room for all 12, so you can make that 12 Angry Men remake and yes the flags are there just to dress it up a bit

(writerly)
Looks good. How about a spot for the court stenographer/reporter? And I'd suggest a door between the jury box and the witness stand. Usually where accused is brought in and out and where the jury exits to deliberate or when the judge asks them to step out during procedural arguments.
Very cool sir!

The walls are just the standard Moviestorm ones so you can place a door where ever you need one

Regards
David

#11 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:37 AM

How about some generic seal to place on the wall behind the judge? You can have a generic American version with an eagle in it or something.

#12 dreeko

dreeko

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:27 AM

I used to frequent the "movies game" forum on a very regular basis and i was always banging on (for years!} about the need for a courtroom set and nothing happened.

Now i find this moviestorm software and its forum by sheer chance which seems far more user friendly than "the movies game" and i bring up the courtroom subject again just to see what the interest is and a few days later someone has up and gone and done it!!!

What a Place...just wish id found it ages ago!! well done and thanks!!

#13 dreeko

dreeko

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

Just thought of what might be a good thing to include.. the place for the typist that types down the court procedings {there is a name for that person but i cant remember at the moment}

#14 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Yeah, writerly mentioned it earlier. They're called stenographers.

#15 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

(luxaeternam)
Oh, and prison clothes would be a plus too.
Darn, I'm getting carried away again!

yep been wanting a simple overall for ages that was tintable ....so it cud a orange prison suit or a hospital porter or a machanic depending on color etc

oh and sorry david yep loving the work ....but was a tad dissappointed as i was hoping for

#16 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

(roguevirus)
been wanting a simple overall for ages that was tintable

Wardrobe 02.
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#17 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Equinox, I think that's a great costume that should be used more, but because of the neckline, it's not quite right for prisoners or janitors or a lot of characters who do simple manual labor.

#18 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:38 AM

Yeah for the prisoners in the "A New Dusk" teaser I made, I just gave them orange pants with white tank tops. One guy, I gave orange pants, orange t-shirt. It doesn't look that off, really.

#19 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

(roguevirus)
oh and sorry david yep loving the work ....but was a tad dissappointed as i was hoping for

You wanted to make a shoddy movie starring Rocky and have him slurring the lines I am the Law?

(dreeko)
Just thought of what might be a good thing to include.. the place for the typist that types down the court procedings {there is a name for that person but i cant remember at the moment}

I am still working on the Stenographer machine and a few other things so you can have a full court.

Regards
David

Moviestorm still Number One

#20 Xolotl

Xolotl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

(davidwww)
You wanted to make a shoddy movie starring Rocky and have him slurring the lines I am the Law?

Aww. The movie was entertaining for me. It was Chris Cunningham's first real visable work solo work! Yeah, Sly is an idiot in that flick...