• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for all the comments both negative and positive. The reason for the low viewership of my episodes on this forum is because most of my episodes are marked for mature audiences. Most of the members are underage, so I do not want to shock the moviestorm community.

Next, the moviestorm crowd is not my typical target audience, and neither is YouTube. I have a much larger more urban viewership elsewhere, and a published CD box collection distribution network unrelated to this crowd. So, I have viewers.

Keep in mind folks, all of this is just for fun. All movies on this forum is pure amatuer animation. Not one single member here has made it to Hollywood, and I do not take this stuff seriously, and neither should you guys. It's all about having fun and not starting wars.

Thanks for watching! Smile!
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Actually quite a few of us here are not amature at film making. I get paid to make movies and I am also on IMDB and have movies for sale on IMDB and others have gotten their movies into film festivals. And other people sell their mods and make money that way too. I give mine away because I want to help other filmmakers because I have been successful. Also I have had two movies on Time Warner Cable TV too and there are probably others who have had their movies on TV too.

#3 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

[quote name='lucindamc123' date='Apr 24 2013, 7:09 PM' post='97649']
Actually quite a few of us here are not amature at film making. I get paid to make movies and I am also on IMDB and have movies for sale on IMDB and others have gotten their movies into film festivals. And other people sell their mods and make money that way too. I give mine away because I want to help other filmmakers because I have been successful. Also I have had two movies on Time Warner Cable TV too and there are probably others who have had their movies on TV too.
[/quote

That's wonderful to hear. I'm not bashing or angry, but as stated before, all of this is just pure amateur animation. Others are successful at creating mods, and that is all wonderful. Others may have an IMDB account, and that's practically universal. Lucinda, just about anyone can obtain an IMDB account! I enjoy that forum as well. Keep in mind, machinamods is the lowest form of animation. Many outsiders laugh at moviestorm's software. However, I think it's great! Don't take it personal, but on the nationwide animation circuit, I haven't heard of anyone of this caliber create a Hollywood blockbuster hit! That's including me. Now when it comes to mods, modders etc., I've seen some great stuff out there. Way better than what has been presented here. Not bashing modders, they are lifesavers. Don't internalize this; I am not criticizing your success. However, once again, pure amateur stuff here. Major improvements needed to stomp with the big dogs! Smile!

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

There are some beautiful films here and I have not gotten any negative remarks from the pros I know in this business about Moviestorm. They all like it a lot.No it is not easy to get on IMDB. You have to make commercial movies to get your movies on there. That is how I got mine on there.

#5 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 24 2013, 7:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are some beautiful films here and I have not gotten any negative remarks from the pros I know in this business about Moviestorm. They all like it a lot.No it is not easy to get on IMDB. You have to make commercial movies to get your movies on there. That is how I got mine on there.

Lucinda, listen, I'm not trashing your works. There is nothing wrong with the amateur side of creativity. Humble beginnings may go a long way. Some of the greatest film directors, actors, producers and so forth started out at this phase. Many have gone onto become very successful. With the advent of modern technology, just about anyone may be able to create great works of art. And yes, IMDB, many independent film makers hover to that site as well. Don't take it personal. I surely don't. It's all about having fun and enjoying ourselves.

I had the opportunity to preview a lot of your works. You are very creative indeed! But, and there's always a but; all of our creative works are still works in progress. The most important thing which is temporarily preventing me from taking my works forward is money. The almighty dollar! Sometimes it's not the networking alone that gets your foot in the door. Rather money and people get you a lot closer to advancement.

#6 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 24 2013, 7:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucinda, thanks a million for your patience. Not bashing moviestorm or anyone else.

Would you like to know whom I really admire as an animation professional? His name is Bruce Smith. (Copied from Wikipedia). He once served as a supervising animator on four of its films: Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove, Home on the Range and The Princess and the Frog. In 2000 when he still worked for Hyperion Pictures, he piloted his series The Proud Family to Nickelodeon, who passed on it. Disney Channel eventually picked the series up the following year and ran it until 2005. The series was the first to be produced by his production company Jambalaya Studios.

I check out a lot of his works. He does a great job of creating urbanized characters. He's great! Now you can check him out on IMDB as well. Wonderful works!

#7 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Sure movie studios make animated movies and they spend millions of dollars to do it but now with the software we have available, we can create good animated films without spending that much money at all, just takes a lot of time. Vautrin took me a year and a half to make. I did most of Sabrina Pena Young's opera Libertaria and it has taken me 6 months to do it and it was really difficult to do too. But it is worth it because I think this movie will be a success and Sabrina is a well known musician too and the music is beautiful.

What is most important in any movie is the script. If you have a good story, you can make a successful film. A lot of writers submit scripts to me to make movies.

#8 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 24 2013, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep in mind folks, all of this is just for fun. All movies on this forum is pure amatuer animation. Not one single member here has made it to Hollywood, and I do not take this stuff seriously, and neither should you guys. It's all about having fun and not starting wars.

You are 100% positive in this statement? You have personally checked out each and every person who has used Moviestorm or posted in these forums as to whether or not they created anything worthy of notice by a major studio or production company? That must have taken you several years to do that. Just because you don't see any films or commercials posted here or on YouTube doesn't mean they haven't done any.

I know several people who have used The Movies, XtraNormal, Muvizu, Moviestorm, iClone and other animation programs who have in fact done work for production companies or have projects in the works currently to be shown on American and U.K. tv. I currently am doing some voice acting for a person whose project is to be shown on BBC.

In fact, several of our members, between here, Reallusion and TMU, are either currently working in the movie/tv industry or have worked in the industry previously. We have 1 confirmed actor (several tv show credits) in our ranks along with others who have behind the camera experience.

I know 2 personally that have received offers from companies for their professional services. We have several members who have received awards at different film festivals around the world. Iceaxe and Primaveranz are just 2 that come to mind.

We have members who have used TM, MS, iClone and other programs to prepare them for college and several are currently pursuing degrees in film studies. D.L. Watson has used this program and other animation programs in the past and currently and is an up and coming inide film maker. He has released a few live action films. No, he is not Hollywood but then again, he and others from here may wind up there in the near future. One never knows.

So, just because you don't take this seriously (to be honest, I am not serious about animation but do it as a hobby myself) doesn't mean others on here are not serious about it and have done stuff outside of our community. You might want to rethink your wording in the future.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I agree with you Harb, there are a lot of possibilities to make money making movies using Moviestorm. The ones I get paid to make of course are not released here because the people who paid me to do the movies own them. I made $500 making a music video for a fellow from India who was going to get it on TV there as he is a musician and has a band and he paid me. And that was really nice and it was a fun movie to make too. The other ones I have been paid to do are usually commercials or training films for companies and of course I can't release those myself either. If a writer submits a script for me to make a full length feature film, I don't charge the writer to make the movie as it will be a commercial movie and I will share any money made on those films with the cast and anyone else who has done work on the film, like making mods and writing music for the film.

#10 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Harb40 @ Apr 24 2013, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are 100% positive in this statement? You have personally checked out each and every person who has used Moviestorm or posted in these forums as to whether or not they created anything worthy of notice by a major studio or production company? That must have taken you several years to do that. Just because you don't see any films or commercials posted here or on YouTube doesn't mean they haven't done any.

I know several people who have used The Movies, XtraNormal, Muvizu, Moviestorm, iClone and other animation programs who have in fact done work for production companies or have projects in the works currently to be shown on American and U.K. tv. I currently am doing some voice acting for a person whose project is to be shown on BBC.

In fact, several of our members, between here, Reallusion and TMU, are either currently working in the movie/tv industry or have worked in the industry previously. We have 1 confirmed actor (several tv show credits) in our ranks along with others who have behind the camera experience.

I know 2 personally that have received offers from companies for their professional services. We have several members who have received awards at different film festivals around the world. Iceaxe and Primaveranz are just 2 that come to mind.

We have members who have used TM, MS, iClone and other programs to prepare them for college and several are currently pursuing degrees in film studies. D.L. Watson has used this program and other animation programs in the past and currently and is an up and coming inide film maker. He has released a few live action films. No, he is not Hollywood but then again, he and others from here may wind up there in the near future. One never knows.

So, just because you don't take this seriously (to be honest, I am not serious about animation but do it as a hobby myself) doesn't mean others on here are not serious about it and have done stuff outside of our community. You might want to rethink your wording in the future.

My wording is just fine thank you! And thanks for your replies. I am entitled to my opinions and so are you. Amateur stuff! This includes my works as well. It's all meant to be fun. When I say not take this seriously, try looking deeper into my meaning without so much creepy hostility. You don't have to prove anything to me! Not take this seriously means "thinking outside of the box". Let creativity flow without the hostility. Please! May I suggest something? Have your agent contact my agent, and we'll call it EVEN STEVEN. Just kidding! Peace to you all. Smile!

#11 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 24 2013, 6:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My wording is just fine thank you! And thanks for your replies. I am entitled to my opinions and so are you. Amateur stuff! This includes my works as well. It's all meant to be fun. When I say not take this seriously, try looking deeper into my meaning without so much creepy hostility. You don't have to prove anything to me! Not take this seriously means "thinking outside of the box". Let creativity flow without the hostility. Please! May I suggest something? Have your agent contact my agent, and we'll call it EVEN STEVEN. Just kidding! Peace to you all. Smile!

No hositlity on my part. just pointing out the errors of your words. Not everyone who uses this program is an amatuer. By you calling all of the work done with Moviestorm (and other programs) amatuerish, you insult those who are trying to be serious in their work.

I would have my agent call yours but she doesn't deal with amateurs. wink.gif

edit: my apologies. The clinical spelling is amateur. Apparantly both are correct but the professional version is with an eu. I will always admit when I am wrong.

The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#12 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Harb40 @ Apr 25 2013, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have my agent call yours but she doesn't deal with amateurs. wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#13 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Harb40 @ Apr 25 2013, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No hositlity on my part. just pointing out the errors of your words. Not everyone who uses this program is an amatuer. By you calling all of the work done with Moviestorm (and other programs) amatuerish, you insult those who are trying to be serious in their work.

Oh, you might want to start using a spellchecker program. Amatuer is spelled with an ue not eu.

I would have my agent call your but she doesn't deal with amateurs. wink.gif

You are so correct about the spell checker issue my dear and most experienced friend. Unfortunately, I've misplaced my eyeglasses today. Just a little too caught up in other things to look for them. Look, take a chill pill on this matter. Oh I must be politically correct. Here we go. Yes master I'll spell it right this time, but with a twist. AMATUER! no REUTAMA. Now is that better. Just having fun. Chill with the creepy attitudes. Damn!

#14 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 25 2013, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Delores, I really want to understand where you're coming from, so please keep that in mind when reading my comments. The hostility, perceived or otherwise, comes as the result of your actions. Do you not get that? There are now two threads going that have to do with you. Do you think that's fair to others? This is a movie making forum, not a "Let's try and get Delores to see why people are upset with her" forum. One of the threads is regarding your spamming of the Recent Movies page. This thread is regarding your use of the word "amateur". Can you not conceive that you might have been wrong on both parts? In general, is it hard for you to admit when you're wrong? I'm genuinely asking, Delores. I really want to know. Your responses to the fallout you've created don't seem genuine. They seem more like spin and they gloss over the fact that this whole situation is a direct result of your own actions.

Can you really not understand why some people might be annoyed by your video spam and offended by your use of the word "amateur"? Spam is spam, no matter where you do it or for what purpose. Saying that it isn't doesn't change anything just as repeating "amateur" over and over and over is not going to make people less offended. I would venture to say that people here would be more than happy to welcome you if you would just let that huge defensive wall down for a bit and try and get along with the community. It's ok to be wrong, Delores. Everyone is from time to time. Admitting it or at least considering the possibility makes for much better relations with others. So what do you say? Will you at least respond to what's written here, or will you just issue another blanket statement that has a lot of words, but doesn't really say anything and then tells us all to smile?
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#15 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

I work very hard on the movies I do, night and day. I am lucky if I get time to clean the house. LOL. And working 12 to 14 hours a day on a movie is not amateur at all. And it usually takes me months to make a full length feature film which is mostly what I do now. Vautrin took a year and a half to make. And Vautrin cost me about $800.00 to make because of the costumes I had Chris Ollis and others do for me since it was set in 1937 Nanjing, China and because of submitting the movie to film festivals.

#16 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (vphilly @ Apr 25 2013, 1:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Delores, I really want to understand where you're coming from, so please keep that in mind when reading my comments. The hostility, perceived or otherwise, comes as the result of your actions. Do you not get that? There are now two threads going that have to do with you. Do you think that's fair to others? This is a movie making forum, not a "Let's try and get Delores to see why people are upset with her" forum. One of the threads is regarding your spamming of the Recent Movies page. This thread is regarding your use of the word "amateur". Can you not conceive that you might have been wrong on both parts? In general, is it hard for you to admit when you're wrong? I'm genuinely asking, Delores. I really want to know. Your responses to the fallout you've created don't seem genuine. They seem more like spin and they gloss over the fact that this whole situation is a direct result of your own actions.

Can you really not understand why some people might be annoyed by your video spam and offended by your use of the word "amateur"? Spam is spam, no matter where you do it or for what purpose. Saying that it isn't doesn't change anything just as repeating "amateur" over and over and over is not going to make people less offended. I would venture to say that people here would be more than happy to welcome you if you would just let that huge defensive wall down for a bit and try and get along with the community. It's ok to be wrong, Delores. Everyone is from time to time. Admitting it or at least considering the possibility makes for much better relations with others. So what do you say? Will you at least respond to what's written here, or will you just issue another blanket statement that has a lot of words, but doesn't really say anything and then tells us all to smile?

Nope, I'm not wrong. As I stated before, it's all for fun. Just have fun with this software and give this crap a freaking break. Why not spend more time in the realm of friendship and come out of "Haterville". Ever since I've joined moviestorm, there has been nothing but problems from a select few. Reminds me of clicks and gangs. I am not angry. Wow! I enjoy making my episodes and sharing them. Some may like them and others may not. If some don't, I do not care! I take the positive road. Let's spend more time creating wonderful movie clips, and less time bickering over whose the best at this or that. If someone here has met or sold a movie script to Spielburg, Eastwood, Spike Lee, Tyler Perry, Quentin Tarantino, then please let me know. Has Disney contacted any of you guys here making comments? Do tell! It has not happened yet. So just chill! Leave me alone! Get over it and move on. MOVE THE HECK ON ALREADY!

#17 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Nope, I'm not wrong.

This, in one very revealing sentence, is the problem with you. I have a feeling you are never, ever wrong. Even when you are. Sad, really.

As I stated before, it's all for fun. Just have fun with this software and give this crap a freaking break.

You are the one driving this "crap", dear. Your stubborn refusal to acknowledge this isn't going to change that fact.

Why not spend more time in the realm of friendship and come out of "Haterville".

Labeling people "haters" is such a copout. It is a way of disowning any of your personal responsibility for the trouble you've caused here. Make no mistake, Delores. You've managed to annoy people here with your spam and with your comments.

Ever since I've joined moviestorm, there has been nothing but problems from a select few. Reminds me of clicks and gangs.

It's not a select few. The earlier thread I mentioned, where people were trying to give you constructive criticism and you did the equivalent of plugging your ears and going "lalalalala" didn't involve a "select few". There were quite a few community members trying to help you. You ignored them completely because once again, you are never wrong. That kind of behavior creates resentment.

Wow! I enjoy making my episodes and sharing them.

So do we all, and we all deserve a spot on the 1st Recent Movies page when we upload a new movie, not just you. Your spam bumped a few people off the 1st page. This is inconsiderate and is a repeat of previous behavior by you. You upset quite a few people the last time you did this too.

Some may like them and others may not. If some don't, I do not care! I take the positive road.

It's not about like and dislike and you know it. This is what I was referring to earlier. These are the twists and turns that you take to ignore the real reason why people are upset with you.

Let's spend more time creating wonderful movie clips, and less time bickering over whose the best at this or that.

No one is bickering about who's the best at anything. In all the time I've been reading these forums, I've never seen anyone claim they were the best or hold themselves up above others. More twists and turns, D.

If someone here has met or sold a movie script to Spielburg, Eastwood, Spike Lee, Tyler Perry, Quentin Tarantino, then please let me know. Has Disney contacted any of you guys here making comments? Do tell! It has not happened yet.

You're still clinging to this "amateur" nonsense, even after Harb very skillfully showed you why this was not true. I just created an animated ad for a t-shirt printing company for which I got paid actual money. They've asked me to do another one, and I've gotten inquiries from a couple of other interested parties. Tell me, am I still an amateur? I may not have sold a script to some Hollywood big shot, but I've earned actual money with MS, so do me and the others a favor and stop labeling us amateurs. It's insulting and covering your ears and pretending it isn't won't change that. This last part actually makes me resent you, because I don't like boasting about myself, but my personal experience tells me that this "amateur" nonsense of yours is such a load of horse manure.

So just chill! Leave me alone! Get over it and move on. MOVE THE HECK ON ALREADY!

Stop displaying rude, obnoxious, selfish and arrogant behavior and people will leave you alone and may even welcome you. For the most part, this forum is a quiet place where everyone gets along and helps each other out. Friendships are formed here. Every once in a while though, someone like you comes along and turns the place upside down and sets people on edge. An intelligent person would stop to think and wonder if there's anything she could have done differently to avoid this 2 day, 2 thread conflagration. An intelligent person would stop and say, "Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have done or said that.". But I have a feeling that once again, Delores is right and everyone else is wrong.
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#18 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Delores - please do not antagonise people. I do not believe you have access to data about our userbase with regards to users ages, and whether people are amateur or professional (I know of at least one professional).

Everyone else: Please do not feed trolls. Or perceived trolls. And go make some movies. Maybe even about how it annoys you to be in one category or another.

I would much rather not lock threads; but please, if you want to make any more posts on this subject, please think carefully before doing so, and don't post when annoyed.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#19 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hey Guys,
Just my two cents.
I started in 1974 supervising projects for 20th Century Fox, wound my career to the Sr. VP of Worldwide Production and finally finished as a Producer in 2003 when I lost the use of my legs. I figured I could retire as I had accomplished what I wanted to in the Industry.
Since that time I have been proud to be a Pioneer member of Moviestorm. Although I have not made many films lately with this tool, I still find it a very acceptable medium for films. And it has lead me to the world of OpenSims and ideas about "realty based" films in a NPC virtual world.
Moviestorm filmmakers can be and are very viable filmmakers. If one wants to site the tool as unprofessional, I would like to point out that there are many animated films out there that are very popular and look far more rustic.
So I salute the makers of machinima and support their endeavors.
Mike Joyce
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#20 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 25 2013, 5:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Delores - please do not antagonise people. I do not believe you have access to data about our userbase with regards to users ages, and whether people are amateur or professional (I know of at least one professional).

Everyone else: Please do not feed trolls. Or perceived trolls. And go make some movies. Maybe even about how it annoys you to be in one category or another.

I would much rather not lock threads; but please, if you want to make any more posts on this subject, please think carefully before doing so, and don't post when annoyed.

Ben, I am not antagonizing anyone. Ever since I've joined moviestorm, there has been a select few of harassers on this forum. The insults normally happen right after one or two of the harassers have seen a recent movie in which I’ve posted. I don't mind the criticism, but at least three extremist come here and bash.
It is my opinion that yes, in the realm of moviestorm, this stuff is amateur. Not in a bad way because we're all learning the techniques of moviestorm. When I say amateur, this does not mean that the person themselves are not professionals, rather, it's the software that we're using which limits our capabilities to take our creativity a lot further.
For instance, major animated motion pictures such as Ghost in the Shell, Metropolis, Batman's Revenge, The Avenger's Thanos, to name a few; aren't made with moviestorm software. This is what I mean by amateur. And the works of many talented animators here do not compare because of the software used to create such works. That is all!