• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 grouchobeer

grouchobeer

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

Lucinda: I'm curious as to the mechanics of how a movie in production gets on IMDb. After one has a listing, as you do, does one submit each individual new movie to them? Or what? Fill me in, I'm clueless (as per usual.)
NOW PLAYING: SUGAR BABES, Episode 7: "The Old-Fashioned Way Is Still Best"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102176

#22 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (grouchobeer @ Jun 22 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucinda: I'm curious as to the mechanics of how a movie in production gets on IMDb. After one has a listing, as you do, does one submit each individual new movie to them? Or what? Fill me in, I'm clueless (as per usual.)

Well you now also have a NAME page you update your name page with additional movie data. I subscribe to IMDB PRO so that may only be available for pro users. It is very inexpensive -- like $11.95 a month or something.

But you don't add additional movies to the Title in production page. Each new movie would have it's own title page.

The update database is tricky and very detailed. I have added quite a few movies however they have not been given their own Title page yet. It takes them forever. Robin is the one who got the Wonder Boy Title page. It is because Caitlin Stasey and Matthew Werkmeister are teen idols in Australia and well known.

And of course because of Robin too as he has his own name page and filmography credits too.

Anyway they are always behind in updating the database. I submitted the clip for Wonder Boy - the one with Tara in it and then the new one with all the main characters days ago and they haven't put that on there yet and that is something they can do automatically.

With movie information, they have to check out everything so that everything is legitimate. Now I have two movies that have been on TV and I even had the link for the listing that Time Warner Cable had on their site and they still didn't put them on the database. That was Yesterday and Many Kinds of Hunger. And I was written up in the Long Beach Gazette newspaper too and I gave them that information too. But still none of those movies have a title page yet.

Everyone gets frustrated about getting stuff on the database. The data you fill out is so lengthy and detailed and they don't have a lot of personnel available evidently to do all the work to research everything.
And the big stars of course get first attention.

#23 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

We have added Armando Antunez to the cast of Wonder Boy and he now has an IMDB page with filmgraphy

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3625215/

Bruce Whitten is also playing a major roll in Wonder Boy as Furanku.

there has been one cast change. The part of Tara is now being played by Kate Korbel and not Caitlin Stasey as Caitlin won a starring roll in a major movie and could not complete her voice overs.

#24 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

We have added Armando Antunez to the cast of Wonder Boy and he now has an IMDB page with filmgraphy

there has been one cast change. The part of Tara is now being played by Kate Korbel and not Caitlin Stasey as Caitlin won a starring roll in a major movie and could not complete her voice overs.

#25 armandoxthegreat

armandoxthegreat

Director

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Oct 16 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i'm on IMDB! hopefully kanye won't be around to steal my thunder laugh.gif

I'm the Ed Wood of Machinima

#26 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (armandoxthegreat @ Oct 17 2009, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes make your IMDB link part of your signature on every forum and every site where you upload movies. Believe me, people will notice it.

#27 mccain

mccain

Film Critic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (armandoxthegreat @ Oct 17 2009, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

#28 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

I have most of the voice overs now and I am going to be getting a good trailer out this week. Also one major section of the movie is being done with Moviestorm and that is Marakith's castle. That is because set design is easier to do with Moviestorm and I can have complex buildings and props without it crashing. Since I have gotten so good at chromakey now, I can still use my Iclone puppets who look like the actors and have the period costumes on a Moviestorm set.