5 replies to this topic

#1 FredJones

FredJones

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:puppets, stories, narratives, cinema, animals, languages,

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

Really am amazed I’ve never heard of this software before; my outlook on cinema has changed since opening the trial of Moviestorm.  I’m learning it as I go and enjoying working it quite a bit, and have a few questions.  

In the Director’s View, you select a Character and then Click them into Place Here.

At that point, is there any way to Spin or Rotate the Character around and about, upon their initial appearance?

I’m also curious about child performers.

I see on the Knowledge Base FAQ that the height is WYSIWYG, without alterations in height.

However, I have explored Moviestorm around the net and it looks like the tablet version of Moviestorm has a kid in an elementary school classroom.  

I ask this because I have wanted for 3 years to film a script by a friend (I have the rights) featuring three kids in a classroom.  I’ve made other films since falling into a crush on this script, but I’ve never taken the time and energy and work to getting an actual elementary school to film in.  

Playing with Moviestorm and seeing the child in the app promo made me wonder if I could finally do this film.  Can I?

Thanks very much.  Really am surprised and delighted in the Moviestorm sandbox.

Let's get to the bottom of this mystery!

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:09 AM

You can choose the posture "Turn 180 degrees" twice, but I'm guessing that is not exactly what you want to achieve?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

You can choose the posture "Turn 180 degrees" twice, but I'm guessing that is not exactly what you want to achieve?

I thought he's asking how a character can be rotated once placed on the stage set in order to set a different orientation when showing up. This can be accomplished by hovering the mouse cursor over the chararacter, pressing and holding the Ctrl key (that is, for a Windows based system; I don't know what's the key for an Apple machine. In any case, you should see the mouse icon changes) and moving the mouse. This procedure is also used to rotate the character final location when walking or to rotate the props in the Set Workshop View (though here using the gizmo thing is far more convenient).

Regarding the availability of kid characters I'm afraid the answer is negative, though IIRC 3DTree was working on the subject.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

If you are trying to move the cameras rather than the actor then you probably need to work your way through these tutorials first :- http://www.moviestor...video_tutorials

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi,

To rotate your puppet to the desired starting position. Simply press and hold the ctrl button on your keyboard Right click on the circle marking the puppets position and drag the required rotation position. :ph34r:  B).

As far as child puppets go Jamoram62 is correct 3DTree is working on one in particular called Danny_01 which has been released to his supporting patrons check out some off his stuff on  https://www.patreon.com/3DTree.

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#6 FredJones

FredJones

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:puppets, stories, narratives, cinema, animals, languages,

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

Thanks everyone for these pointers and tips and key strokes... 

I just checked out the 'patreon' link for 3DTree's site, and really appreciate the heads up, Team Moviestorm.  

Thanks a lot.

Let's get to the bottom of this mystery!