4 replies to this topic

#1 lutzmr82

lutzmr82

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

Hello!

I've searched in vain for a decent campaign hat for a military-themed video.  Nothing is available in the mod vault and the ones which were previously available have disappeared.  Would anyone be interested in making such a thing?  I've found one or two in 3D warehouse but it seems that attaching one to a skeleton requires a version of 3DS Max that is no longer available, unless I'm mistaken.  Thank you!

-Micah 

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

Post a picture and I'll see what I can do.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Even better: post a link to the asset in the 3D warehouse.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#4 lutzmr82

lutzmr82

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

After a short email exhange, it turns out that PapaG was having issues with his Dropbox account which he has corrected.  I wound up getting exactly what I needed from his site.  Thanks for your help!  I've had Moviestorm for years but haven't gotten around to using it very seriously until recently, so I'm a bit behind the power curve.

It's great to know that there are still active users out there who are supporting Moviestorm.

Another question I have:  The military uniforms shown on the left and right this screenshot have pistols and ties which I would like to remove if possible.  Can this be done in a program like Milkshape, or do you have to use an older version of 3ds Max? 

Attached Files

#5 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

It can be done with Milkshape, FragMotion, or whatever other modelling tool.

Unless you've got the original files used to create the models, you need to convert the Cal3D files used by Moviestorm into another format recognized by the tool you finally choose for modifying the mesh.  For this purpose, I make use of Misfit Model 3D, as it's the only modelling tool I'm aware of that can import from Cal3D files and export to MilkShape files.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM