• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

My purpose for uploading multiple movies is not to SPAM the Moviestorm community. Rather, it is my desire to share set design and lighting techniques and samples with novice users. I also enjoy promoting the works of some of the greatest modders who without their skill and creativity, our works would look like crap!

Thanks for watching. smile.gif
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#2 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 21 2013, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My purpose for uploading multiple movies is not to SPAM the Moviestorm community. Rather, it is my desire to share set design and lighting techniques and samples with novice users. I also enjoy promoting the works of some of the greatest modders who without their skill and creativity, our works would look like crap!

But you're crowding other people's movies off the front page. Shouldn't that be a consideration? dry.gif
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I think that is fine because I am always looking for new movies to view on Moviestorm and also put links to the movies on my Facebook page. Sometimes there isn't more than one movie a day being uploaded. And your uploading a lot of videos isn't hurting the number of views I get at all and I also promote other people's movies on my Facebook page. My views come mostly from people who are not part of the Moviestorm community anyway and they probably look up my name on Google and then click on the Moviestorm movies I make. I don't have time to upload anywhere else anymore but Moviestorm.

#4 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 23 2013, 2:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that is fine because I am always looking for new movies to view on Moviestorm and also put links to the movies on my Facebook page. Sometimes there isn't more than one movie a day being uploaded. And your uploading a lot of videos isn't hurting the number of views I get at all and I also promote other people's movies on my Facebook page. My views come mostly from people who are not part of the Moviestorm community anyway and they probably look up my name on Google and then click on the Moviestorm movies I make. I don't have time to upload anywhere else anymore but Moviestorm.

Er..., sorry for pointing this out lucinda123, but this thread isn't about you and your movies, it's about delores1day's actions flooding the movie upload page.

So, back on topic; dolores1day - I'm not quite clear about your explanation. Are you asking for set design and lighting feedback, or are you providing your movies as a case study in how it should be done?

#5 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Either way, I think it's very selfish to flood the "Recent Movies" page with boatload of uploads. If I had just uploaded a new movie and then came back to find Delores' uploads had bumped me off the first page, I'd be upset. Everyone deserves the same chance to have their movie shown on the first page for a while. Viewers aren't always going to click past the first page to look at other recent films.

dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

vphilly, you get your movies viewed by promoting them on other sites like Facebook with links to your Moviestorm channel. Not as many people are going to the Moviestorm movies page anymore and watching movies. And I promote a lot of people's movies on my Facebook page too. Moviestorm movies page used to get hundreds of views per day but that is not true anymore.

#7 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 23 2013, 6:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vphilly, you get your movies viewed by promoting them on other sites like Facebook with links to your Moviestorm channel. Not as many people are going to the Moviestorm movies page anymore and watching movies. And I promote a lot of people's movies on my Facebook page too. Moviestorm movies page used to get hundreds of views per day but that is not true anymore.

Not everyone is going to upload their movies to other sites or link to them from other sites. "Ecstacy" is the only movie I've uploaded to other websites, not just here. If I had just finished uploading my first or second movie here, only to find that someone had crowded me out with multiple uploads, I'd be upset. Everyone deserves a shot at the first page, not just Delores. People shouldn't have to work around her to get their movies seen.

#8 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Apr 23 2013, 5:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er..., sorry for pointing this out lucinda123, but this thread isn't about you and your movies, it's about delores1day's actions flooding the movie upload page.

So, back on topic; dolores1day - I'm not quite clear about your explanation. Are you asking for set design and lighting feedback, or are you providing your movies as a case study in how it should be done?

I think the explanation is just cover for spamming the Recent Movies page.

#9 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (vphilly @ Apr 24 2013, 7:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the explanation is just cover for spamming the Recent Movies page.

Yup and look who is her only defender. wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Delores is doing some beautiful work and it deserves to be seen.

#11 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 24 2013, 9:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If she had any sense she would drip-feed them one day at a time to keep her "viewers" hooked. No-one is going to watch 400 episodes at one sitting. That way everyone else would have a chance to get a look in occasionally and she wouldn't have aggravated the community again.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#12 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 23 2013, 9:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's beside the point. Just for giggles though, please point out to me where in this thread I said that her work didn't deserve to be seen? Also, are you implying that those who's movies have been relegated to the 2nd page because of her spam are less deserving than Delores? Is their work not as beautiful, therefore not as deserving?

#13 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Apr 23 2013, 9:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If she had any sense she would drip-feed them one day at a time to keep her "viewers" hooked. No-one is going to watch 400 episodes at one sitting. That way everyone else would have a chance to get a look in occasionally and she wouldn't have aggravated the community again.

You know, having read the brouhaha from the last time, I don't think Delores cares if she's aggravating anyone. Her spammed videos are getting a handful of views and with Lucinda defending her actions, I guess that's justification enough for aggravating everyone else.

#14 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 21 2013, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the way Delores, whatever your supposed purpose is, you ARE spamming.

#15 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Apr 23 2013, 5:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dolores1day - I'm not quite clear about your explanation. Are you asking for set design and lighting feedback, or are you providing your movies as a case study in how it should be done?

I'm still waiting on Delores reply to this Question...

Also what Primaveranz said... The Drip Feed 1 a Day situation would be a whole lot better way of getting her movies (Tutorials?) watched... I saw the big Bulky glut of Delores's movies and searched for any flick that wasnt made by her on the Page.. I was on Page 2 in no time. Its such a rude & obnoxious act.. & thanking the Modders doesn't make it ok.

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

You all need to be nicer to new users here. Having people purchase the program and make movies is important to the success of Moviestorm.

#17 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

The way to showcase lighting techniques and set design is to make a tutorial video showcasing your lighting techniques and set design. The same goes for showcasing modders' work. Make a video doing just that. That's why the explanation smells funny to me. I still say it's a cover to excuse the spamming. Funny how Delores has not posted any response in this thread. There's no way I'd believe that she hasn't checked to see if there's any fallout from her spamming. dry.gif

#18 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 23 2013, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You all need to be nicer to new users here. Having people purchase the program and make movies is important to the success of Moviestorm.

Being nice works both ways, don't you think? It is rude, selfish and obnoxious to flood the Recent Movies page with a truckload of uploads and in the process, crowd out other users' videos. Is Delores more important a user than say, Clobert? He had just done a new video for his song and it got dumped to the second page because of Delores's spam. The same happened to arun1992. Do you think that's nice? I don't. Clobert's money is just as good as Delores', is it not? Lucinda, I know that you don't think Delores did anything wrong and therefore are not upset and annoyed by her actions, but having read about the last time she did this and the ensuing anger it caused, I'd say you're definitely in the minority.

#19 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

I promoted Clobert's wonderful video on my Facebook page and I also suggested to Moviestorm that they feature that movie. And I also have put your movies on my Facebook page and I know a lot of actors, producers, musicians,writers and artists who see these movies that other people from Moviestorm have made. It probably would have been better if Delores had made those episodes into a full length movie. She probably would get more views of it that way. It is kind of difficult to figure out which episode to watch first anyway so they should be organized into one complete movie.

As far as movies on the first page getting more views, that really isn't true at all. It doesn't make any difference where your movie is on the Moviestorm site, if people know you and Google your name, they will watch your movies on here. The only way to get views for your movies is to promote yourself on other sites. We just don't have that many people coming to Moviestorm anymore to look at the software and watch movies.

I also noticed that a couple of you reuploaded your videos so they are back on the first page.

#20 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (vphilly @ Apr 24 2013, 3:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being nice works both ways, don't you think? .. . . . . . .

Even as newbie user i frown at the fierce language used.
Let me explain that i can fully understand and endorse delores1day her enthusiasm to share
with us her beautiful and hard work.
And yes i can also fully understand that if i uploaded my work it would be swept down onwards.
And i would not be to worried it happens to often. No, what disturbs me is that such a small annoyance
leads to such heavy handed altercation with such persistence.
Come on guys, reupload some of yours and you are top of the list. So, what s the point.
Please ,ok?.
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Creating situations and learning to see.